• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 250 FSH

ptwb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boatsetter by Tampa.
Any feedback? Was it an I/O or the Outboard? I hope the outboard version? How many people did you have on it? Were you boating in upper tampa bay or out by clearwater or down by egmont key? Thanks!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Any feedback? Was it an I/O or the Outboard? I hope the outboard version? How many people did you have on it? Were you boating in upper tampa bay or out by clearwater or down by egmont key? Thanks!
350 Outboard, only having 4 people, thinking of just staying on the intercostal, any advice would be greatly appreciated, renting in a few weeks. I’m not real familiar with the area St Petersburg, Maximo boat ramp.

Last edited:

ptwb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a nice area and boat ramp. Usually what we do there is head out to Egmont Key through either BuncesPass or all the way around the south side of FortDesoto park. We will anchor at Battery Burchsted (look on google maps, southwest corner of island), some ruins out in the water that can be good for snorkeling (what out for jellyfish and currents). Then we'll move to the north end of the island and anchor in front of Fort Dade. There are paths and ruins on the island to explore. We'll end the day anchored on the sandbar at outback key (northwest corner of fort desoto park) and watch the sunset.

Hopefully the boat has good maps or you have navionics on your phone or something. Be really careful on the intercoastal. There are a ton of shoals. It's been a long time since I've taken the entire intercoastal betweeb maximo and clearwater and can't remember how bad the no wakes zones are (or you could head north/south in the gulf). Up by clearwater you have caladesi beach by hurricane pass, 3 rooker island, and north anclote sandbar (rapp island on google maps).

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That is a nice area and boat ramp. Usually what we do there is head out to Egmont Key through either BuncesPass or all the way around the south side of FortDesoto park. We will anchor at Battery Burchsted (look on google maps, southwest corner of island), some ruins out in the water that can be good for snorkeling (what out for jellyfish and currents). Then we'll move to the north end of the island and anchor in front of Fort Dade. There are paths and ruins on the island to explore. We'll end the day anchored on the sandbar at outback key (northwest corner of fort desoto park) and watch the sunset.

Hopefully the boat has good maps or you have navionics on your phone or something. Be really careful on the intercoastal. There are a ton of shoals. It's been a long time since I've taken the entire intercoastal betweeb maximo and clearwater and can't remember how bad the no wakes zones are (or you could head north/south in the gulf). Up by clearwater you have caladesi beach by hurricane pass, 3 rooker island, and north anclote sandbar (rapp island on google maps).
Thanks, yeah he said he has chart plotter on the boat.

Last edited:

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My thoughts on the 270. Great boat but to be honest I missed my Yamaha. It felt under powered with a 350 on the back. It handled the wave’s well however by no means would I say it’s an off shore boat. The interior layout is huge compared to my AR195 however I felt like most of the space I personally would never use. Makes me appreciate how much room the AR195 has for the size.

Megameh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I just had a conversation with a Yamaha dealer regarding FSH series...He said the new 24' CC is coming out this August. It'll have 2 1.8 engines, they will, of course, be the same as the other 24' Yamaha boats, they won't have the SVHO's. He was guessing the upper 60's on price. Having priced out the Scarab 255 that seems reasonable. I like the look of the Scarab and the tailgate is awesome but I worry about the reliability and resale. I think you'd have a hard time selling it without taking a real bath. The good news is that this pretty much confirms the rumors I've heard. Finally, a larger do everything Yamaha boat.

William

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Good to know, thank you.

Does your dealer have any photos or renderings?

I just had a conversation with a Yamaha dealer regarding FSH series...He said the new 24' CC is coming out this August. It'll have 2 1.8 engines, they will, of course, be the same as the other 24' Yamaha boats, they won't have the SVHO's. He was guessing the upper 60's on price. Having priced out the Scarab 255 that seems reasonable. I like the look of the Scarab and the tailgate is awesome but I worry about the reliability and resale. I think you'd have a hard time selling it without taking a real bath. The good news is that this pretty much confirms the rumors I've heard. Finally, a larger do everything Yamaha boat.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I also know for a fact that the 24' FSH is coming. No details other than what @Megameh has stated. I'm on the coast and center consoles rule. A large percentage of them never see fishing. It's a style thing now......just look at the big powerboat poker runs. Ten years ago, you would be made fun of doing a poker run in a center console. Now, there are just as many CC's as powerboats. I love what Scarab did with the 25 open ID. I looked at it but, a) it didn't have enough storage and b) I just couldn't take the chance with reliability after owning Yamaha. I have no doubt it will sell unless they really bomb on the styling.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think this is it based on he size of the 270 in the background
F5B9353E-29AC-4E01-A7FF-70402B8E5E3F.jpeg