• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 255x won't cruise over 10mph

sayler348

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
2022 Yamaha 255x. No matter how fast I adjust the cruise to surf or wakeboard etc, it will max out at 10mph... Has never done this before.. have restarted and everything I can think of ..any advice out there?? Thanks

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What RPM are you hitting? Any chance you have a cleanout port(s) not quite sealed? Will it go faster on just the throttles (i.e. not using the cruise/speed control)?

sayler348

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Will go 40+ when not on a "setting". Only when set on a cruise....

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
2022 Yamaha 255x. No matter how fast I adjust the cruise to surf or wakeboard etc, it will max out at 10mph... Has never done this before.. have restarted and everything I can think of ..any advice out there?? Thanks
What elevation are you running at? Were the condition the same as before?

sayler348

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
2000+- ft. It always worked before... It's like there is some setting????