• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Aftermarket

robnjules16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I have a 2019 Yamaha 242s. are there any aftermarket upgrades I can do to increase power, speed or fuel efficiency?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a 2019 Yamaha 242s. are there any aftermarket upgrades I can do to increase power, speed or fuel efficiency?
You may need to pick one of those 3. Usually when 1 goes up the other 2 go down. ;)

Search the forum, you’ll find several threads, but here are the keywords to use.

1. Impeller swap - some have changed the stock impellers to the impeller that is used in the 190 series boat (I think) and found that those have a little more grab for better hole shot.

2. Lucky 13 Cone - swapping stock cones for these improves water flow for more power

3. flame arrestor - removing the flame arrestor increases your available rpms, if I remember right. I believe Riva Racing has info about that.

@swatski and @jcyamaharider are 2 folks that have done the first 2 mods. Several in the single engine boats have done the 3rd one. It doesn’t seem to be quite as common in the twin engines models.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Do the ribbon delete. Luck cones,
Also some have done the 6CW-R1321-01-00 Impellers Better down low and Mid range about the same top end.