• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy Yamaha AR190 - Pacific NM- 2010 to 2017- w 2 captains seats

River boat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Looking for used AR 190 with 2 captains chairs and low engine hours- 2010 to 2017- In Pacific NorthWest

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
AR's came with the bench seating. Most likely you'll have to find a custom modded boat, or go with an SX190 if you want dual captains chairs.

Good luck!

River boat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thanks, Admiral
Still looking for AR190 ...will have to figure out after we find a boat.

River boat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Admiral Question

Would I be better to buy and sx 190 and add a tower or AR 190 and add a captain's chair?
Your thoughts

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Admiral Question

Would I be better to buy and sx 190 and add a tower or AR 190 and add a captain's chair?
Your thoughts
Buy the model that already has what you want.....adding a tower involves reinforcements as does adding another captains seat.....By the time you buy a matching seat and nice tower i think the cost would be more than just finding a 19ft model/year that already has both IMHO.

BTW i’m in the same boat....wife wants a captains chair so that limits models/years for me to search for.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@River boat Here's what I would do......

Find an AR195S.....this is the only model 19ft hull that came with a tower AND dual captains chairs from the factory.

If you're willing to do some modifications, the next best option is to get an AR190 or AR195 and remove the factory bench seat and add a second captains chair. The aluminum plate to mount the port side chair is already in the floor in the correct spot, you just have to drill and tap it for the seat bolts.

Adding a tower to an SX190 or SX195 is a last resort option. The tower requires significantly more work to install. Then you STILL don't have the bimini or anchor light attached to the tower.

An AR with a second captains chair will look FAR more "factory finished" than an SX with a tower. Not that the SX will look bad, but aside from throwing a factory tower on there (which is absurdly expensive and hard to get) it will be obviously aftermarket. I personally prefer the "OEM+" look.

Good luck with the search and welcome to the boards!