• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha AR190

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First thank you for the invite to this website. We are in the process of buying a new 2018 Yamaha AR190 boat. Anything I need to know for breaking the boat etc? And during the winter time do we need to drain the gas etc? We live in California so prolly use it for fishing season a handful of times.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Break in period is 10 hrs... It's described in the owner's manual. No need to drain fuel or do anything special in the off season. Add stabil to the fuel and you'll be fine. Very little maintenance on these boats

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Check you wet locker hatch under the main hatch. they dont seal that very well and it can use a bead silicone.

Dont winterize it, just use it all year! :)

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We love our 2017 AR190. No real things to watch out for really. It's a pretty dang simple boat.

SO far I've added an L13 Cone to help with cavitation on hard starts (kinda helped). Getting ready to re-seal the pump tomorrow. Otherwise I've only put gas in it and driven it. Nothing has broken or needed any further maintenance.

It's so dang simple I'm not really sure what there is to tear up honestly. Unless you're just unnecessarily rough on your equipment I can't see tearing this boat up for years to come.

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you are buying your boat at peak season.... did you get any discount off of MSRP?

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How much savings would there be waiting for the off season? As far as price would used be better way to go?

DogDad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From what I have found searching.... if you wait till September to purchase at a fall boat show you can get approx $3k off of list, 2-4 years extended warranty and no dealer fees. This approach makes the most sense if you don't want a boat right now. I have gone to three different dealers in my state to check on price. Being Memorial Day Weekend this is PRIME boat season.... Aside from the advertised deals they will not come off of MSRP. They will throw in a bunch of essentials for first timers and offer up X% off in store purchases but that's about it.

As for the used market.... inventory is bought quickly by those that know what a deal looks like. From the listings in my area... a two year old boat that was $50k new with less than 60 hours on it will sell for about $40k. That is considered a really good deal on the used market. The smaller boats lose less so $30k new sells for $25k used.... to me its not worth it if you can get a decent deal on a new boat ... maybe even if you can't there is some value in having a warranty and being the first owner.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
........ The smaller boats lose less so $30k new sells for $25k used.... to me its not worth it if you can get a decent deal on a new boat ... maybe even if you can't there is some value in having a warranty and being the first owner.
We found the same thing when looking early last year (we bought at the end of April). A used boat was only about $5k or so less expensive than a brand new boat (when shopping Yamaha's, other brands are a different story), and the financing terms were more favorable on a new boat. If depreciation is that low, and financing terms are also low, then the chances of being "upside down" also become low. With a planned ownership of 5 years min, and 10yrs average on our "large" purchases, it seemed like a no-brainer to us to go new.