• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha AR195 Spare Tire Mount

DonJohnsMusic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I tried to response to thread about this, but it said I did not have privileges so here is my response. I’m like the others who share the concern about the clearance between hull and tire, it’s like 2 inches! I’m taking the boat out tomorrow and I guess I will find out. I do have an idea, many have shared pictures of other mounts that have a slight angle to them, which moves it farther away from the hull, if I put some angle iron or something else in the top of the bracket I might be able to achieve that angle. By tightening he bottom more than the top I got a little bit of angle, but then the top is not as snug, which I don’t like. I bought this directly from shop Yamaha website and it says it will work, btw it came with no instructions! No lug nuts either! If I am successful in getting an angl

Update on the mount! I had an idea to try and get more clearance like some of the pictures I’ve seen on here and other mounts. So... I purchased from Home Depot 1 inch tube steel and put it behind the mount giving me the angle that would allow more boat clearance. Here are pictures. I wanted to show that if you put too far forward you will not be able to put up your wheel without it hitting your tire, so be sure to place the mount far enough back. I know the steel will rust, but it comes in 3 feet so I can always put on a new one if it rusts out. Oh, I had to purchase lugs for the spare so I”m good to go now!E478E287-8EB2-47FB-8A7E-BC4444D1E549.jpeg1A104058-9F71-47A8-8420-C32001B0678A.jpeg8F974F3D-0215-44B0-8727-85432423F6F0.jpegF0EF0696-12EC-4C33-B255-855D0C8E4485.jpeg330A195E-44D2-4F5D-B878-10DC7910EB7D.jpegE478E287-8EB2-47FB-8A7E-BC4444D1E549.jpeg1A104058-9F71-47A8-8420-C32001B0678A.jpeg8F974F3D-0215-44B0-8727-85432423F6F0.jpegF0EF0696-12EC-4C33-B255-855D0C8E4485.jpeg330A195E-44D2-4F5D-B878-10DC7910EB7D.jpeg

Attachments

• B4EA9FE3-6645-4ED6-BB4A-4102FFC34917.jpeg
    B4EA9FE3-6645-4ED6-BB4A-4102FFC34917.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
Something is different on our set-ups. I have a lot of room for the jack handle and the spare is vertical but not touching the boat. Thinking that our locations for the winch is different. I see your winch in the place where the towel is on mine. Looks good and if it works it works!

20190428_115642.jpg

2021 195S with the same trailer. Spare and spare mount installed by the dealer prior to pickup. Not the best pictures and I can’t take more because I have sold the trailer and upgraded to a tandem axle. I think based on marker light position you can tell where it is mounted. Hope this helps.
9327BE7C-50F7-43E3-B674-54A35DCA3DEF.jpeg383D65F1-F889-44B7-9CA2-EE0313CA6419.jpeg

Yeah this is a bit strange, looks like we all have the same trailer. Maybe my boat is set higher on the bunks?

That is crazy! Maybe either the trailers or boats have slightly changed over the years? I don’t know. Before adding the 1 inch pipe I had some clearance, about 2 inches, I was just afraid it would hit during launching, especially seeing how everyone else had that slant mount. Yes, it’s working so that is all that matters to me!

My original trailer had 205/75R14 on it so a slightly bigger tire/rim combo. Shouldn’t make too much difference. Is that 13” rim a 5 lug on 4.5” center with 0 offset?

My tires are 13"s & 5 Lug.

So you would think that there is more room for them. Not much but some. Must be the difference in the angle of the mount.

Why can't you mount the spare on the other side? It would not interfere with the jack then. My jack is located on the port side.

Yeah, similar to @jimbobalu set up, I have a 2021 AR195 and the jack is on the port side. It looks like the older trailers have the jack on the starboard side. Can you switch the jack around? Not that you need to because your iron tube is working fine. Just make sure that doesn't vibrate out after a few hundred miles.

Good question about jack placement. Im on my third (OEM and 2 others) and I just replaced it in the same position as OEM plus if memory serves the OEM winch framing is integrated to the jack mounting too.

Two things, my spare is a 14, that is one inch bigger, AR195 19.5 foot boat, so that might be the difference, but what I”m wondering if SHORELANDER is using the same trailer. When I first purchased the boat I was having trouble getting the boat on and off and the guy that helped me first time seeing the boat of the trailer thought the boat seemed a bit large for the trailer, he’s been in the trailer business for 40 years. I should have taken pictures before the slant install, because it was just straight up and down with about 2 inch clearance, and it was me not feeling good about that being so close. I’m new to boating, but not new to film making (Just A Spark Films) and as a producer you always plan for Plan A, B, C, etc so maybe I could have left it like it came but that is my producer hat talking to me. We went out last Sunday and it worked great, plenty of clearance. I enjoy this forum sharing ideas and helpful ideas!

All seems odd to me. I have a '17 AR190 and have a "vertical" mount. Spare tire is clear of both the hull and the jack handle.

View attachment 166503
Two things, my spare is a 14, that is one inch bigger, AR195 19.5 foot boat, so that might be the difference, but what I”m wondering if SHORELANDER is using the same trailer. When I first purchased the boat I was having trouble getting the boat on and off and the guy that helped me first time seeing the boat of the trailer thought the boat seemed a bit large for the trailer, he’s been in the trailer business for 40 years. I should have taken pictures before the slant install, because it was just straight up and down with about 2 inch clearance, and it was me not feeling good about that being so close. I’m new to boating, but not new to film making (Just A Spark Films) and as a producer you always plan for Plan A, B, C, etc so maybe I could have left it like it came but that is my producer hat talking to me. We went out last Sunday and it worked great, plenty of clearance. I enjoy this forum sharing ideas and helpful ideas!
Just looked it up. AR190 is same 19.5, not sure about tire size. Not sure now, but I guess it’s a mute point. Again that is how my brain operates, had to make sure about my facts. It’s like camera lenses, huge difference between what you’ll see in the frame using a wide lens vs a long lens. So in this case, one inch can make a huge difference.

View attachment 166504

View attachment 166505

Using this mount -> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RJKB2FQ
Using this tires -> Amazon.com: Trailer Tire On Rim ST185/80D13 185/80D-13 13 ST Silver Modular Wheel Boat RV : Automotive

I have same issue with clearance. how does it hold up with metal tube?

No problems! Only thing is if I’m not paying attention I hit my knuckles when using the trailer jack. Launches fine, I’m very happy with it!

Back