• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha AR240 VS 242 Limited S

match308

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is the Limited S worth the extra count over the AR? Other than a few speakers, lights and the sea deck, seems like the AR is a better deal. Am I missing anything?

The ar240 is a great value. Some on here have issues with the tower on the AR240. One memeber @swatski even had the tower fall on him. A couple of different solutions have been developed by folks on here.
The key is keeping the hand bolts tight.

You still can’t here the speakers at speed without an amp. My decision to go with the LS was based upon my wifes color and tower appearance preference. My guess is that you are the patient precision type and the tower issue is something that I imagine you will be able to take care off.

If not opposed to used @MattFX4 just posted his 2015 242 LS for sale in northern GA. It has The best aftermarket audio you could want and Ridesteady which controls speed for tow sports. His asking price is very low IMO.

The ar240 is a great value.
Agree 100% with that statement. We bought the AR trim as I had very specific requirements that no trim would satisfy. The tower is fine except for the locking mechanism, can get loose while cruising or even towing on the trailer.
The E/X models offer the large tower/bimini - if buying again I would go with that. E-throttles and the big Connext replacing ALL analog controls gives me pause though.

--

Went with the 242 Limited S

Attachments

• 8954F0E9-8951-4414-9C72-CD52994D7AC9.jpeg
    8954F0E9-8951-4414-9C72-CD52994D7AC9.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 101
Agree 100% with that statement. We bought the AR trim as I had very specific requirements that no trim would satisfy. The tower is fine except for the locking mechanism, can get loose while cruising or even towing on the trailer.
The E/X models offer the large tower/bimini - if buying again I would go with that. E-throttles and the big Connext replacing ALL analog controls gives me pause though.

--
I would’ve gone w/ the AR but the discount wasn’t near what the did for the Limited S

If you don't mind me asking can you tell me what the discount they offered you on both boats was? I am going to be in the market in the spring and I want to get an idea.

Thanks

If you don't mind me asking can you tell me what the discount they offered you on both boats was? I am going to be in the market in the spring and I want to get an idea.

Thanks
Around 10% on the Limited and 4% on the AR. The ARs are evidently easier to sell

Went with the 242 Limited S

Do you love it? I'm about to buy a 2019 242 Limited S and I CANNOT WAIT! Does the pedestal table come standard or is that an aftermarket purchase?

Do you love it? I'm about to buy a 2019 242 Limited S and I CANNOT WAIT! Does the pedestal table come standard or is that an aftermarket purchase?
Table should be standard, and it should come with two legs. Longer one for inside the boat, and shorter one for the swimdeck (shared table top) Bow filler cushions as well. If buying used, those items are some of the things missing.

Good luck! You are going to loose your mind with this boat!

Back