• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha at it's finest

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Alright let's see how good you guys are. Found this on the floor under the helm behind the dash, it completely broke off.20190430_214126.jpg20190430_214137.jpg

SgtBFGunner

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That is the bracket that holds a gauge to the back of the console. I had the same problem. Yamaha replaced my Connext with a new one because the plastic mounts broke off and is what is attached to the bracket. Actually I found mine in with the gas tank area,

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yup that's the one, hopefully they will not give me a hard time, taking the boat to the dealer is worse than getting a tooth pulled.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
1556677775118.png

SgtBFGunner

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
They didn't blink an eye on mine. Replaced it no problem. Wondering how long before it cracks again. Kind of like bakelite.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
They didn't blink an eye on mine. Replaced it no problem. Wondering how long before it cracks again. Kind of like bakelite.
Tow the boat to the dealer, deal with the arrogant service manager, wait for Yamaha to respond, then bring the boat back and have them take their sweet time to install. It's worse than having a tooth pulled.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have found RUPO* in my boat. Nobody in the forum know and neither does the dealer.

As matter of fact there was one member that found something weird stuck under his engine.

*Random Unidentified Plastic Object

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Being that these repairs are pretty easy. See about doing it your self.

I have had to replace the radio twice on my 19 AR190 due to moisture getting into it. Both times I just took the radio out and they switched it out for me without having to take the boat into the dealer.

Saved a ton of time for both them and I.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just email your dealer the picture and asked them to get you a new one. Tell him which gauge it came off.
Sorry about your dealer my salesman goes above and beyond all the time to help me out even though I bought it a year ago. Go with Patsy’s Marina Stony Pt. NY. Jim is the best sales guy ever! I have had plenty of questions he always answers the phone and does his best to help me anyway he can.

Last edited:

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That would be the bracket that holds the 4.3" Connext display to the helm. There are two of them holding the display in.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just email your dealer the picture and asked them to get you a new one. Tell him which gauge it came off.
Sorry about your dealer my salesman goes above and beyond all the time to help me out even though I bought it a year ago. Go with Patsy’s Marina Stony Pt. NY. Jim is the best sales guy ever! I have had plenty of questions he always answers the phone and does his best to help me anyway he can.
Exactly, those brackets are not rocket science to install. Save yourself the heartache at the dealer and just reach out to them and give them the chance to shine. Then all your dealer rants on facebook can be over. As it sounds like you don't care for your dealer at all at this time. So minimize your exposure.

Good luck

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My swim deck seat back latch broke. I sent a photo to the service manager in an email and asked him to put in a claim and mail me the new part, which he did. It makes it easier.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Being that these repairs are pretty easy. See about doing it your self.

I have had to replace the radio twice on my 19 AR190 due to moisture getting into it. Both times I just took the radio out and they switched it out for me without having to take the boat into the dealer.

Saved a ton of time for both them and I.
I would love to do the repair myself, this is a Warranty item as the complete Connext screen needs to be replaced and Yamaha will not allow warranty items to be installed by anyone except the dealer.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My swim deck seat back latch broke. I sent a photo to the service manager in an email and asked him to put in a claim and mail me the new part, which he did. It makes it easier.
Wish I had dealers like that here in S. Florida

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Exactly, those brackets are not rocket science to install. Save yourself the heartache at the dealer and just reach out to them and give them the chance to shine. Then all your dealer rants on facebook can be over. As it sounds like you don't care for your dealer at all at this time. So minimize your exposure.

Good luck
Agreed, but if you know anything about this Connext unit, it is not the bracket that needs to be replaced as it is an actual part of the complete Connext Unit (see the picture) and yes I do not care for any of the 3 Yamaha dealerships here in S. Florida they all SUCK. Btw after dropping over 70k on 3 Yamaha water toys with these dealers I think I have the right to "rant" as much as I want as long as they continue to treat us light peasants once we drop our cash on the purchase.

Attachments

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey Live I did that, but they all said that since the entire Connext screen needs to be replaced, the warranty items have to be done by the dealer. The bracket did not break, but the plastic on the back of the Connext unit is what actually sheared off.

Attachments

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As an update to this situation. For all that are recommending that I email the dealer with pictures and ask for them to order the part so I can replace it; I reached out to 3 Riva Motorsports Dealers, 2 Broward Motorsports Dealers and Jet Ski of Miami, only received 1 response, obviously did not do them all at once waited a couple of days between each email to allow time for a response, not a single response even to say bring the boat in...Nothing except for the Riva service manager in Pompano Beach. Just FYI so you guys can understand my frustration with "not Yamaha" but the worthless dealerships I am dealing with, they make you feel like they are doing "you" a favor by servicing your watercrafts. Sorry guys I will rant on until I get treated better. Thank you all for your kind suggestions.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That is the bracket that holds a gauge to the back of the console. I had the same problem. Yamaha replaced my Connext with a new one because the plastic mounts broke off and is what is attached to the bracket. Actually I found mine in with the gas tank area,
Hey Gary, did you replace the part yourself or did the dealer make you bring the boat in for them to replace the Connext? Thanks buddy