• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha clean out port saves the day!

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Today I took my new AR195 out for the 3rd time. Saturday was my maiden voyage at the dealership and I was boating on the New Jersey bay at Toms River. Nice and clean there . Sunday I took it to a local lake in Pennsylvania and that was clean too. But today the wife and I played hooky (83 degrees and sunny in October... had to do it!) I took it to the Delaware river and cruised down to Philadelphia. Had to steer around many floating logs among other things. On my way back up river the engine started sounding loud so I shut it down right away. I open the back and took out the clean out port. Reached in there and took out a bic lighter and a red straw. Put it back together and started back up. Still sounds loud so I shut it down again and reach into the clean out port again. Couldn't feel anything . Put it back together again and start it up again. I go forward then backward. Still sounds loud. Reach into the port one more time and I feel a tiny sharp thing stuck in the impeller. I can't pull it out by hand. Then I remember that the owners manual had a small black bag with tools. Use the pliers to pull out the stuck object. Can you believe it was tiny broken piece of a sharpie marker. I looked at my wife and said good thing this clean out port is here. I don't know what i would have done without it. The whole issue was only about 5 minutes so I can't complain. Turned out to be a great day on the water.IMG_2554.jpg

Glad it worked out well for you. Sounds like a fun outing.

I bet it was the whole pin when it went in. Bic lighter,
marker why are people dumping carbage in the river.

Back