• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Connext System - Concerns

rehj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, following up...we finally got a new screen after some 2 1/2 months but have now determined the transducer is bad. Guess what...mid November is the first estimated availability!!! So, it will be six months that my boat was missing a key piece of its operation. So, the way I see it, I either go buy a depth gauge or I just make sure I don't boat anywhere new! Sorry...very, very frustrated. Oh, and I've spoken to and emailed Yamaha several times and although I get a sympathetic ear on the other end, I am not receiving any help toward getting this piece of equipment working properly.

Seattle-Wind

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to hear that Rehj, is this on a '19 SX210? I don't have a depth gauge on my '19 AR190. Glad to hear the boat at least still runs and you can get out on the water.

rehj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep, Seattle. I guess the 21 footers include a depth gauge in the electronics but the 19 footers do not? hmm...

Alvaro Castro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes. Total pain in the butt but the dealer finally downloaded some software and it works now. Was a six month ordeal. Ordered a completely new screen unit, installed it, didn’t work, uninstalled it worked but the stereo still has issues. Replaced the back controller and that helped. To this day, not one cent of reimbursement for time, headache. Still pretty pissed about it.
Kaston10, I’m experiencing the same problem in boat.(242 SX 2019) The lock signs are there and I can’t remove them and neither select any function of the stereo. My boat went to the dealer (Riva - south miami) and no one knows how to fix it. Also in the stereo console which is in the back I can’t select other device to connect via Bluetooth. What did you have to do to fix it ? Thanks

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bought my 242 Limited SE new in 2016. Had some issues with intermittent loss of GPS signal, which did affect the drive control. Was eventually resolved, however absolutely no other Connext issues in 5 seasons. Other that that one minor issue, operation has been flawless.

Lmrowen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
New 2020 242XE owner, bought with 27 hours. Launching soon and now wondering if I made a mistake. Screen was fine during test drive. Keeping fingers crossed and sorry for those who had problems

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
New 2020 242XE owner, bought with 27 hours. Launching soon and now wondering if I made a mistake. Screen was fine during test drive. Keeping fingers crossed and sorry for those who had problems
Forums are a collection of issues. Remember there are tens of thousands of boats out there with no issues. 1% of owners come on the forum, and 1% if that have issues.

kyboater0503

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Almost 30 hours on my 2020 242xe. I’ve had a few issues with the BCU alarms That shouldn’t happen. Ive also hade a issue with fuses losing connection that threw a communication alarm. Fixed that myself. No issues with the screen tho thank god.
ive have a cpl jet skis that were problem after problem and know how miserable that can be.
best advise I can give is make sure you buy from someone you’re reasonably sure you can trust to do the right thing. I drove 2 hours to a dealer because I don’t trust the one 30 minutes from my house.
Troy, which fuses were an issue for you? Sounds like maybe a problem I am having with my 2018 242SE

Troy JK

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Troy, which fuses were an issue for you? Sounds like maybe a problem I am having with my 2018 242SE
Cant remember exactly what they fed, but i had two like this loose in the fuse box near the batteries.
AC933999-4BEB-407B-9EDC-91DD2073D8C6.png

Tammy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We purchased a 2019 SX190 one month ago and the touch screen was not working at the time, but did display mpg, fuel and battery percentage, so we decided to take it while the dealership tried to order a new one. One month on and we're told it will be a few weeks more. Yesterday, the maintenance due alarm came on and we were unable to turn it off because the touch screen won't let us hit "Ok". We disconnected the screen because the alarm is awful. I can tell you that everything mechanical is working on this model EXCEPT Wake Mode and Cruise - they won't engage without the screen connected. The stereo is separate and works fine, as well as horn and lights. Obviously not ideal because we can't see our gauges or if any important alarms went off, so if it goes out, expect to go back to the spidey sense we used to use before everything was computerized. :)
I am having the same exact info and screens are on back order for possibly a year. How did you disconnect the screen?? I really want to be able to use my boat and have tried researching this issue with no luck. Thanks for any help.