• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha cover with tower down?

Olsonn20

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First let me say this is our first year of having a boat for seven years and I forgot how it felt when it’s time to winterize and put away for the winter 😢.

I have a 2020 AR195 and was curious if it’s possible to put on the Yamaha premium cover and put the tower down. I’m storing my boat in my garage and would like to cover it for the winter. I’m thinking it can be down with the poles out or down but hoping someone has tried this with pictures to show. Thanks in advance

henderss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does it put weight on the cover or is the cover loose under the tower
It really doesn't put any weight on it. You have to slightly loosen the velcro at the base of the tower. Or, you can put the cover on with the tower up, then lower it. The velcro adjusts itself. That's what we usually do.

Olsonn20

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did have a shipping cover but I gave it away thinking I wouldn’t use it. I don’t need to tighten the cover at all so as long as it doesn’t put tension on the cover with the tower down I’ll be good.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I did have a shipping cover but I gave it away thinking I wouldn’t use it. I don’t need to tighten the cover at all so as long as it doesn’t put tension on the cover with the tower down I’ll be good.
@Olsonn20 .....some shipping covers are just that, they are not meant for long term storage while some others may be. A friend used one that came with his boat (not a Yamaha) and when removing it in the Spring there was mildew all over the inside - in the rugs and seats. He tried to take the dealer to small claims court but it was dismissed as the justice said it was a "shipping" cover. Where I boat many dealers are reluctant to give the covers to customers due to liability. Personally speaking, I would not "store" my boat in a shipping cover unless I was very satisfied it would allow the boat to breathe. BTW - here is a crazy idea that a number of guys are using. A guy bought some standard TYVEC (one way construction membrane) at a hardware store and sewed two widths together. Not pretty but cheap and 100% effective. I was told another guy's wife sewed a channel around two pieces of TYVEC and the guy ran a drawstring through the channel to use as a storage cover. :cool: