• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Cover worth the cost?

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did the pre-order on a 2021 sx210. They asked if I’d like to order the cover for $995. Is this worth it? Is it anything great? I see some cheaper options online for under $200. I don’t need the cover to say Yamaha lol

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I've had cheap covers and the Yamaha cover. The Yamaha cover is a perfect fit the cheap covers (that I have had) are never a perfect fit. I would go with the yamaha for now, if your going to spend $45000 on a new boat what another 1000😎 just my opinion with your money.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I did the pre-order on a 2021 sx210. They asked if I’d like to order the cover for $995. Is this worth it? Is it anything great? I see some cheaper options online for under $200. I don’t need the cover to say Yamaha lol
We opted for the mooring cover (free with purchase) as it fits snug and you can trailer with it on which is a big plus for us. Since you're buying a brand new boat, see if they'll throw in the cover with the purchase. Yamaha dealers don't give much wiggle room on the boat price, but they can offer freebies like covers and such. Also make sure you get the white shipping cover when you get the boat. I plan to use it for winter storage to wrap up the boat over top of the mooring cover for added protection.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Make sure to price check that mooring cover. $995 seems very steep. It has been a couple of years, but the non-tower model Yamaha OEM mooring covers typically ran in the $600 range last I checked, so I would expect well below $995.

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Make sure to price check that mooring cover. $995 seems very steep. It has been a couple of years, but the non-tower model Yamaha OEM mooring covers typically ran in the $600 range last I checked, so I would expect well below $995.
You’re right, I just check eBay and found oem in the 600 range. I’ll see if I can get it thrown in first or buy off eBay if they won’t budge.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Sealegs89 The dealer should be giving hopefully a standard across the board discount on stuff you buy from them and accessories. I have seen 10%-25% on items you buy through them for a while. That is how I bought mine.

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Best the dealer would get me was 20% off the cover. I opted to get a 24ft (24ft boat) cover from West Marine for $200 ish. I don’t need it for trailering, I just need something to keep the boat out of the sun. It deff don’t fit as nice as the Yamaha one. It fits with the tower up or down, problem is when it’s up its kinda awkward around the tower, so I just drop the tower. It does it’s job at keeping the sun out. If it really pours it’s leaks a couple drops of water. Taking it off on the trailer takes 10 minutes. Putting it on probably takes 20. If you are keeping the boat in the water it wouldn’t work. The straps secure around the trailer.

I would evaluate your needs, if you need something for trailering or wet slipping I would go with the Yamaha cover. It does look a lot better.

LASwxman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Full disclosure, this is my first Yamaha Boat and only have experience with the OEM Yamaha Cover. I've had it for about a month or two. I love it. Fits perfect. Very easy to pull on and take off. Worry free towing.

In my mind it was worth the extra $$$