• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Fiberglass Boat Damage - Gelcoat Painted

My brand new 190 has 3 spots where it looks like gel coat chipped and the dealer put paint on it. Should I leave it alone or try to fix with gel coat. Here's a picture of one spot on the swim platform.View attachment 139850
@Ibeflyinhigh ..... these could likely be mold release marks that someone tried to hide. My guess would be at the factory to just get it out the door as no reputable dealer would do this. My dealer had to hound Yamaha but they finally paid to have the rather large (size of a quarter) mole release chip on my new 2020 SX195 repaired. I am glad I "stuck to mu guns" and insisted Yamaha make good. good luck. :cool:

Back