• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Financing Out of State

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Does anyone know if Yamaha will finance a boat bought from an out of state dealer?

Sure, not sure it matters or there is more to the question. I bought a new 2021 212S as an Illinois resident from a dealer in Missouri. No issues or special work to be done here. Boat and trailer are titled in Illinois like it should be. Yamaha financing as well.

Sure, not sure it matters or there is more to the question. I bought a new 2021 212S as an Illinois resident from a dealer in Missouri. No issues or special work to be done here. Boat and trailer are titled in Illinois like it should be. Yamaha financing as well.
That answers my question.

Sales manager of a high volume dealer in the mid-west confirmed earlier today that no out of state financing through Yamaha was available. Don't know if that is Yamaha policy or that dealers policy.

Sales manager of a high volume dealer in the mid-west confirmed earlier today that no out of state financing through Yamaha was available. Don't know if that is Yamaha policy or that dealers policy.

That’s got to be a dealer policy. You could call Yamaha financial services to confirm that. It’s more likely that the dealer doesn’t want to deal with the hassle of an out of state purchase.

I helped my Missouri dealer with the Iowa tax and licensing process and they were happy to help once I gave them the info. This isn’t a Yamaha problem.

Likely dealers policy. I got my boat from my dealer because they refuse to sell it out of state for the reason they get extra money when you bring your boat in for service. Anyway I do my own service for my boat (didn't tell them that when buying), but that's the idea why dealer wants local buyer.

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but how did the registration and title work when purchasing out of state? Did the dealer do all of the legwork, or did you have to file everything individually yourself after buying the boat?

At the very least, the dealer told us we would have to pay the taxes directly to our home state as it would be illegal for them to collect them (their words). Just curious how this worked for others...

Yamaha Finance can be difficult to deal with. They take forever to respond. I recently paid off my boat and it took them 6 weeks to send me the payoff. By the time I got the payoff, I already had made another payment so I over payed. I have been waiting since April 6th for them to refund my money. ($494) Every time I call them I get the same answer. "It's being processed". I asked if they are going to pay me interest, or if I can charge them a late fee. I just received my title. It took 2 months.

Back