• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha GP1800r HO Questions

us17094

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Since it’s a safety recall, they probably wanted to get it out ASAP regardless of having the parts or not. I would also expect them to fix new ones first, probably prioritizing those currently being built.
Makes sense. I can also see that you have to fix faulty parts before sending a machine out the door - but that sucks for all us new owners that were excited to get our skis in the water this weekend and over memorial day weekend.

Oh well. First world problems right!? In the end, I would rather it be safe. Just hope I am not posting a month from now venting that the dealership still has not completed the repair.

us17094

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Dealer finished my recall repair in 10 days. I am pleasently surprised.

Toby

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice, so getting delivered before Memorial Day?

us17094

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yep! Picking it up tomorrow on our way to the lake.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Last edited:

Toby

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome! Congratulations on the new ski!

us17094

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ha! I don't think the FX line was impacted by the recall.
The recall is related to the stop/start switch on the gp and vx models not the fx series which has a different switch (I.e., separate start and stop buttons instead of just a single button on the recalled models).

side note: I still love my gp but am realizing now that I’m better suited to the fx at my age. The go’s seat looked a lot bigger or my ass seemed to be a lot smaller before I rode the gp. I’ve been putting time on my wife’s fx as well lately and there Is a noticeable improvement in ride comfort on the fx. No one to blame but myself as Yamaha was clear in their marketing descriptions. The gp is quicker and more responsive (at the cost of comfort). That said I will be riding the fx more often when my wife is not going out with me.