• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha LS2000 Winterizing

RobT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello boaters friends, I'm new to boating.
I have question in regards winterization since this is my first time doing one on my own. Last week i have winterized my 99' LS2000 so after flushing the engines, i sprayed the fogging oil into the intake so the engines didn't bogged down - almost bogged down ran really rough (i was doing it one of the time), but I saw puddle of fogging oil in the engine compartment.
Was i doing something wrong? Was that suppose to happen? Is it usual occurrence for the excess oil to come out?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard!

Where are you located?

I live in the south so I have never fogged my engines. I start them once a month during the winter. But your description of fogging sounds like what I have read with the possible exception of the puddle. Hopefully others will comment on that.

RobT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello Bruce, I'm from Michigan. Winters are pretty harsh here so we need to winterize.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Welcome @RobT , I live just south of Chicago and also winterize. I haven't seen the puddle of fogging oil but it doesn't seem to take much at all to bog my motors down. If yours took quite a bit, it could be the carbs or carb was flooded and backed up out of a vent tube, if the motors were running fine before and you had no sighn of a fuel leak before, I don't believe you have anything to worry about. I have a 2001 LS2000

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also winterize given the cold winters. I use the fogging as you described and spray it into the carbs through the top of the flame arrestor/cover. I don't understand what you are referring to with a puddle but like @JC6275 said, if you haven't had an issue with fuel, you are probably okay.

I also grease up all of the steering and throttle cables, spray down the engine bay with a silicone protectant (i.e. Yamaha), and I fill up the gas tank to the top along with Stabil Storage fuel treatment.

RobT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never had an fuel issue in the past but it seems it was coming out of the vent tube... I did spay down the engine bay with Yamaha silicone protectant and top off the gas tank so i'm hopping i have done everything wright. Thank you all for taking time to answer on my thread.