• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Mooring Cover Install for 2012 SX210

djtech2k

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just got my new cover and wanted to try it out. The instructions are horrible. One page of confusion and no pictures.

I have it on but it’s certainly not ready for winter. I feel like it is not low enough and it’s definitely not tight. I removed my Bimini top frame because I figure it would be better stored indoors. I see the plastic buckles on the sides but don’t get why they’re there. I also see the wratchet tighteners and know what they’re for but haven’t used them yet.

As of now the cover is on and the cleats pretty much line up with the access pockets. Any tips on the install and how to use the buckles and wratchets?

I do have the poles and straps installed and relatively tight. Does the windshield stay open with this top? It worried me about weight on top and tearing with it open but I saw no way to close it with the poles and straps. I thought about covering the windshield with pool noodles on the edges to prevent tearing.

Any tips appreciated!

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Theres your problem , windshield closed , straps go over windshield , you may have to adjust the straps to fit the front and rear cleats...if there is a rubber stopper on your windshield where the cover will rub you mite want to put a piece of foam over it , mine tore through that rubber nub after a few years on my sr 210

djtech2k

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Should the cover go past the black rubber bumper on the boat all the way around? I don’t feel like mine goes all the way past that black bumper all the way around.

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine was a 2006 and it went just below the rub rail. Heres a pic i foundF1A592EE-9A21-4D42-96AE-3909EBDE9E7B.jpeg. You might want to know how i put that cover on while on the lift without falling in

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can see where i had to patch the cover after about 5 years from wearing through the rubber nub75C32F4C-C2E2-4177-85B7-DFC3764394F7.jpeg

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the same year as you (but a 24). Windshield closed is correct. And it sounds like you have the poles set up (I think on mine the pole strap goes under the windshield 'door'--but it is adjustable, so you can probably do it either way.

Undo the ratchets so they are hanging loose. Put the cleat covers on each cleat. Then, on the aft, there should be 2 straps that go in your tiedowns and snap back on themselves. Then around the circumference of the boat snap together all of those black clips and fold the velcro over them. Then start the ratchet strap on one side, but only until it catches. Then go to the other side and do that ratchet; make it mostly tight. Then come back to the first side, tighten that one, then return to the other side and tighten that one. Then close the ratchet pods (they zip close).

I think the cover should be below the rub rail all the way around, but the magic of the first step there is that it lines everything up automagically...

djtech2k

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks, that is very helpful. I went out this morning to close the windshield and try this.

As I said, I removed my bimini Frame. I’m a little concerned about the alignment of the cover with the Bimini frame mounts. They are a little pointy and when you tighten the top I’m afraid it will rub or tear holes in the top. I have tried to get those metal pieces aligned to the holes in the top but they seem to be a couple inches off or if I force it into the hole it’s a tight fit. Here are a couple pics I took.

Attachments

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is that an SX cover? Looks like an AR cover, maybe? I don't have an SX, so I don't know. But it looks like a pretty big hole there--like I have for my tower.

djtech2k

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hmm. from that picture it looks like that alignment is off too. It may be a non-issue but with that metal mount bracket rubbing pushing out on the cover, I was afraid it was wear the cover. I thought about putting the bimini back on and using the holes in the cover for it, but I think I'd rather leave it off to avoid the weather.

As for the type of cover, I used the model number that came up for my SX boat. The holes do seem to be in the right place but without the bimini frame mounted on it, the holes and velcro are not really doing anything. I was hoping to line up the metal brackets for the bimini up to those holes but its like an inch or 2 off right now. I still have to do a couple things inside the boat so it will come off again, so I can try again. Again, I was just worried about rubbing the cover.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yup, that's the wrong cover, those are holes for the Tower of an AR. If you look at your model, it will have TW or TWR in the part number. If you don't have a tower, you won't use that cover.

An SX owner would have to answer, but the bimini goes under on the SX cover.

djtech2k

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is the info from my invoice for the cover:

MAR-210BK-NT-14 12~15 210/212 W/BIMI (Yamaha)

From a fit/alignment, it seems to be right. I mean all the cleats and stuff line up with the access doors. The mount points for the bimni frame all seem to have the hole and the velcro from the pics, so it sure seems right. If I left the bimini frame up, the holes/velcro openings would work from what I see. I sure hope it is not the wrong cover.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's news to me then, I never knew there were holes for the bimini. That tag on the cover matches the box?

If that's the case, then use the ratchets and crank it down.

But a did a quick search and found a 2017 with cover, and it had the holes. So you may be good.

Because the 06-11 SX covers didn't have the holes

Last edited:

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you tightened up the straps? If you haven't tightened up the straps it is impossible to tell whether things are lined up or not...

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@djtech2k if you are having a metal piece press against the cover you should definitely put some foam padding between the two as it will come through eventually. Many have recommended slicing a pool noodle lengthwise, or pipe insulation, around the top of the window frame for similar reasons.

djtech2k

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure if there was anything on the box or not. The instructions were pitiful. One page and no pictures/images. I will see if I still have the box to check it. This is the first I have ever done so I cannot compare, but the fit and alignment seems like its for this boat.

We are getting dumped on with rain now so I did tighten it a bit but later this week I want to get the batteries out and park it for winter, so I will crank it down more. How tight should you crank those wratchets?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did my final stuff last night in my boat, since washing it down the night before and put the cover on for the winter. I cranked mine down hard enough that it was tough to pull the two clips out in the back that clip to the trailer tie downs.

When it's ratcheted down, you almost don't need anti-pooling poles.

Good luck!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I remember reading here about the 'pinky' test. Basically, tight enough that you can't get your pinky in there, but loose enough that you can still get your index finger in there, if I remember correctly...