• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha owner again - 212x at Smith Lake, AL

Ellbaker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi,

I had a 2008 212x that I had for about 4 years but sold it when I moved to Europe in 2015. I thought I would get another one when I returned but soon learned that people were selling 2008 212x's for more money in 2020 than I sold it for in 2015. The boat was perfect too. I have been disappointed most of the summer for picking one up this year. So I spent quite a bit more than I planned but still feel like I got a good deal on a 2017 212x with 136 hours. It has a Perfect Pass already installed. I was in the truck for 16 hours to get it and can hardly wait for the weekend to put it in the water. I don't have good pictures yet but will include a couple from the ad and one from behind my truck on the way home.

Attachments

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! You'll soon forget what you've spent and find reason to spend even more... you know how this goes by now. Lol!

Chaunceybland

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How is Smith Lake? I bought my boat from Fredricks Outdoor in Decatur and noticed they advertise a house on Smith Lake. Thought about making the trip and renting that for a weekend.

Ellbaker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How is Smith Lake? I bought my boat from Fredricks Outdoor in Decatur and noticed they advertise a house on Smith Lake. Thought about making the trip and renting that for a weekend.
It is great. Deep, clean water. There is no major industry in the creeks that feed the lake.

I have a cabin that I rent out occasionally. Shoot me a pm if you are interested.

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It is great. Deep, clean water. There is no major industry in the creeks that feed the lake.

I have a cabin that I rent out occasionally. Shoot me a pm if you are interested.
Congrats! We need to make a trip over sometime, we boat on Neely Henry most of the time, have yet to explore any other lakes around here yet.

Last edited:

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Smith Lake has been on our list of spots to visit, we just have not made it down there yet!!! Any recommendations on good Boat Ramps that don't get overly congested? We boat mainly out of Ditto Landing here in Huntsville and have made it over to Tim's Ford and put in over by the dam once. Bout time we get out and see some other areas! Your description of Smith Lake sounds really nice!

Ellbaker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Smith Lake has been on our list of spots to visit, we just have not made it down there yet!!! Any recommendations on good Boat Ramps that don't get overly congested? We boat mainly out of Ditto Landing here in Huntsville and have made it over to Tim's Ford and put in over by the dam once. Bout time we get out and see some other areas! Your description of Smith Lake sounds really nice!
I have only put in a ramp close to my house on Rock Creek that is one of the old roads going into a canyon. It isn‘t the best ramp but it is free. There is never a crowd there. There is a commercial ramp at Duncan bridge south of Arley.

I can give you directions to the first one I mentioned if you are interested.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Welcome and congrats. We don't get down there much, but Smith Lake is awesome, unless it's a holiday weekend. :D

We have the day off tomorrow and we're considering either hitting Smith for the day or locking thru Guntersville Dam and doing lunch at Top of the River.

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have only put in a ramp close to my house on Rock Creek that is one of the old roads going into a canyon. It isn‘t the best ramp but it is free. There is never a crowd there. There is a commercial ramp at Duncan bridge south of Arley.

I can give you directions to the first one I mentioned if you are interested.
Yes Please on the Rock Creek Ramp directions if you dont mind Sir.