• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Pricing

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did the $51K also include sales tax?

Tax is 6.25% in Texas.

D.
Yes the $51K include tax and registration fees but tax in South Carolina is capped at $300

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well, I am one of the idiots that bought last year on Memorial Day......so other than about $1,000 in accessories, I got no deal....but there were no previous year 242 Limited SE, and my Four Winns was a 1987 model, and I didnt want to wait....but in 3 weeks it will be paid for :). I looked at Cobalts, and Sea Rays, and Four Winns. Make sure you check all the options that come included on the Yamaha, but are extra on the others....like trailer, Drive Control, Tower, and the storage room in a Yamaha is tough to beat. Then there is the 8" extra draft, although 24" doesnt seem right for a IO....mine was about 34". Good luck...either way you will have a beautiful boat!

Darin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well, I am one of the idiots that bought last year on Memorial Day......so other than about $1,000 in accessories, I got no deal....but there were no previous year 242 Limited SE, and my Four Winns was a 1987 model, and I didnt want to wait....but in 3 weeks it will be paid for :). I looked at Cobalts, and Sea Rays, and Four Winns. Make sure you check all the options that come included on the Yamaha, but are extra on the others....like trailer, Drive Control, Tower, and the storage room in a Yamaha is tough to beat. Then there is the 8" extra draft, although 24" doesnt seem right for a IO....mine was about 34". Good luck...either way you will have a beautiful boat!
Standard features are a plenty on the Yamaha. Heck, I look at the order form on some of these boats and I dont even know what they are talking about. I need more pictures and descriptions.

That 24" came off the Cobalt website with the drive up. Not sure if you can even run the boat with the drive up.

Lots to learn,
D.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Standard features are a plenty on the Yamaha. Heck, I look at the order form on some of these boats and I dont even know what they are talking about. I need more pictures and descriptions.

That 24" came off the Cobalt website with the drive up. Not sure if you can even run the boat with the drive up.

Lots to learn,
D.
Drive up. ...that explains it....not really a legit spec for operation. Don't know about the Cobalt, but I know in my IO, you were not supposed to operate drive up because of undue wear and stress on the drive U joints

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Trying to compare apples to apples I went on the Cobalt website to configure a C3 comparable to a242 Limited SE. Comparably equipped with an engine that is close in HP. $76K...then there is possibly dealer prep, tax, title, license. And this still does not include the trailer. This is about $10K more than I paid (66K including trailer) with no deal! Screenshot_2017-05-24-07-39-51.jpg

Last edited:

Darin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well I had a chance to go look at Yamaha, Cobalt, Sea Ray, and Scarab. I am more confused than ever now. :)

I really like the larger Bimini top on the 242 Limited. I could see owning a 242 Limited S E.

One really cool thing ion the Scarab 255 is the the wake bags have quick disconnects. Can remove them if you need the storage. Not sure about the Yamaha on that aspect.

Cobalt CS-3 -> $69K no trailer
Scarab 255 -> $79K
Sea Ray 230 SLX was like $88K
242 Limited SE $69,495

Lots of stuff to think about.

I can't wait for the boat show.

D.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hmmmm!
I'm on my 2nd Yamaha - a 13' 212x. Absolutely love it - BUT - comparing those numbers - I'd choose the Cobalt. That's just me.

That said - I came from a Crownie, bought a 12' AR190 and then traded up to the 212x - the 212x has surpassed all expectations. She's a spectacular boat and impresses everyone that comes aboard. But a Cobalt is a Cobalt. I will have one one day.

Darin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I am debating between the AR240 and 242 Unlimited SE.

The e-series feature look pretty slick.

D.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am debating between the AR240 and 242 Unlimited SE.

The e-series feature look pretty slick.

D.
That is exactly what I was trying to decide a year ago. I was looking at cost. ..wife was looking at creature comforts and options. We went worn the Limited SE.... We have absolutely No regrets!

Darin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My wife is looking at price - I am looking at cool stuff. :) I am the spender in the relationship.

D.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No matter which way you go it is a great boat. In Texas that huge Bimini is great!

Darin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
No matter which way you go it is a great boat. In Texas that huge Bimini is great!
Yamaha did it right. It is huge and it is high enough in the back I dont hit my head on it coming and going.

Now the navigation light on the top looks like an after thought. What is the reason for it to have to the raises? I guess some approach viewing angle or soemting?

D.

Darin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Found a new 2015 AR210 they ar asking mid 30s, I like the idea of new but I am hoping to get them down some more.

Not sure what all is different in the 2015. No articulated keel I guess is one thing. I need to find an old sale brochure on the 2015.

D.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Darin

Reaction score