• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha survey?

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hate the all black thing going on today, not that I dislike black, I love black and chrome etc but when everything is flat black it just looks unfinished like someone got carried away with some rattle cans... Cant stand the idea of buying nice fancy designed rims then getting them flat black so you can't see the design unless you are standing right next to it... just doesn't make sense to me. Your local curmudgeon... LOL
The funny thing is, I agree with you! Murdered out is what they call it....and I really don't cotton to it on cars and trucks, but the reason I'd like to "See" an all black Yamaha is I saw one from a different manufacturer on Lake Havasu last week and it was really cool. It looked like a Special Operations kind of stealth boat. No reflections, just a dark silhouette on the water.

black.jpg

And I wouldn't want to own it - the damn thing must be blazing hot in the sun...it was 119 degrees one day!! :eek:

Last edited:

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
The funny thing is, I agree with you! Murdered out is what they call it....and I really don't cotton to it on cars and trucks, but the reason I'd like to "See" an all black Yamaha is I saw one from a different manufacturer on Lake Havasu last week and it was really cool. It looked like a Special Operations kind of stealth boat. No reflections, just a dark silhouette on the water.

And I wouldn't want to own it - the damn thing must be blazing hot in the sun...it was 119 degrees one day!! :eek:
Does the one that you mention happened to be an AXIS? I saw one at Lake Norris last summer all flat blacked out and the lines made it look like a Lambo on the water. Pretty slick, but I hate to say it... at 35 I think I have officially grown out of that style.

BryanW

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I really didn't like any of the designs with purple on it. It just isn't a color I've ever really liked and seeing it on a boat made me nauseous. I also didn't care for the "digital block" graphics no matter the color. The straight blocky lines seemed to clash with the flowing design of the boat.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
A friend of mine in FL sent me a pic of his car dash the other day where it said it was 109° and it had a gif of a volcano erupting. I thought that was the funniest thing but on an all black boat, yeah, I would think it would not be friendly to exposed flesh at all...

DonWon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I definitively like the ones at the top of thread better. Especially the orange ones.
I did the survey this morning. The orange ones were my top picks too. I also thought that the purple was super lame.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I did not care for the purple ones either and I am not letting my GF see them, that is her color and I would never see or hear the end of it.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I wished they would do something along the lines of these photoshops I made last night.

Last edited:

Belleville_Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I agree with you guys on the purple, doesn't look good to me at all. Think its a little TOO bold. And the one graphic to me looks like a heavily pixelated zoomed in picture, that's a big NO for me. The orange on black and yellow on black with the sporty lines looked best in my opinion.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I far prefer classic boat colors... Blue, White

Likely that is why I have a blue & white boat :)

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The orange one looked fantastic. The yellow was my second pick.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To me it looks like it's not a Yamaha survey, just using a Yam to display colours, I could be wrong……?

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Some of them have similar designs to the Chaps. I wonder if that is one of the driving forces in going a little different on the colors.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It is an official Yamaha survey. The link takes you to the survey site, my email is from Yamaha.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I actually like the purple. It is unique. I can go anywhere and find a blue and white boat... ;) But really a lot of them were really quite nice.

But @haknslash really like the blue and yellow option you came up with.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Jeez, I didn't realize there would be so many Baltimore Ravens fans out there...
Gotta say, I look at some of these wild color combinations and the first thing that comes to mind is "shag carpet"! Seemed like a good idea at the time...

(Besides, I'm learning quickly that if I want someone to notice my boat, all I have to do is mash the throttles!!;))

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm not a big fan of the purple and teal and the yellow - not at all. The orange and black looked cool.
I'd like to see some classic metallic flake colors like all the wake boats offer.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Whoa. Ravens? Far from it. I just think it looks cool.

If we have to bring sports into this, I will still with my present Red, Black and White Blackhawk-the-Stanley craft. So there.

But, on the up note, I am heartened to see more options. More options = more tastes = more Yammi's on the water = ++++