• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Yamaha sx192 vs. Scarab 195ho

travalab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hi, I am new to the forum. I did a quick search to see if these have been directly compared, I could find any results so I am posting this.

I am looking to purchase either a sx192 or 195ho over the winter and want to know that people think.

Thanks!

Both boats have their hits and misses. The Yamaha is tried and true with classic lines, and a huge following. The Scarab is one of the new guys on the block, but they are also the closest thing to a Sea Doo clone with some refinements, and style changes.

So do your homework, neither boat is cheap.

Welcome aboard @travalab. If you add your city & state to your profile you can locate yourself & other jetboaters in your area and maybe score a ride along and do some real world evaluation of a Yamaha. That will solve half of your question.

I think they are both great options, and it will come down to personal preference. It's summer so get out, visit dealers, sit inside them, test drive them, and price them! Then keep visiting this site and read, read, read. Although since the other jet models are new, they won't have as much to read about. I think @ScarabMike is one of the first Scarab owners on the site. Check out the other models as well, there is at least one or two Glastron owners here as well.

thanks everyone, we are planning to visit some dealers this coming weekend. does anyone know, is there an upgrade coming to the Yamaha's for 2015? one of the dealers has 2014 sx192 ready to go in red, I like this color, but since I'm primarily purchasing for next summer I'd hate to jump the gun and miss out on a major update. I've been reading scarabmike's post on his
boat, awesome looking boat! and the price he got is only slightly above the price I was quoted for the Yamaha without a wake tower!

thanks again! also I added my city to my profile as Gym suggested.

Wait for the 2015's....that way u wont be kicking yourself in the balls if something brand new comes and you missed out....and if it doesn't you can and will find great deals on 2014 leftovers

does anyone know, is there an upgrade coming to the Yamaha's for 2015? one of the dealers has 2014 sx192 ready to go in red, I like this color, but since I'm primarily purchasing for next summer I'd hate to jump the gun and miss out on a major update.

Yamaha is very tight lipped about new models. The information is passed out at a dealer meeting in August. Last year we had lots of hopes and speculation but the meeting revealed new color schemes.

If you do not want to boat this summer then you will likely get a better a deal over the winter.

Back