• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Any good <Scarab Jet Boats>

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
anybody seen these boats up close. If so what are they like, I was all wound up for the new sea ray jets, saw them in person and did not like, see where that went did'nt we. Always nice to see a new jet boat to compare. Let me know if you see one at a show or up close.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I saw them at the Dallas boat show. Looked nice from a distance. not so much up close. Reminded me a lot of the sea ray jet. Good idea, poor execution

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I feel like competition in the market is a good thing.

Here are some youtube videos

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saw both the Scarab and the Glastron at the boat show in Richmond VA the other week. They look like fun. Look better built that the old Sea-Do boats. But you still have to step on seats to get on board. The seating is very low.. did not see any access for port clean out..That said; they did stir the soul.. kinda sexy

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I saw them at the Dallas boat show. Looked nice from a distance. not so much up close. Reminded me a lot of the sea ray jet. Good idea, poor execution
Good from far............Far from good. It happens with the ladies also

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How Much???

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like some of the options that they have, but not having a clean out port would be a deal breaker for me.

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree you gotta be able to clean these out especially in FL some water has lots of weeds

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We boat in the Ohio River near Cincinnati, OH. We tend to pick up small pieces of wood and debris that get lodged in the impeller. I know they have a guard on the shaft which seems cool, but it wouldn't solve all of the problems. I really like the ski mode and eco mode that I saw in one of the videos.

I still think that competition is a good thing. Hopefully these companies will feed off of each other and we will all end up with better boats.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Very unimpressed w/the glasstron. The scarab is nice, not sure what happens when water rushed onto back deck and the convertible seats are a little clunky

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
We torn one apart before one of our shows in RI. The boat is built by Four Winns (Rec Boat Holdings). It goes down the same line as Four Winns, Glastron, and Welcraft at the Four Winns plant in Cadillac Mi. Being a Four Winns dealer as well as Yamaha, I can see all the similarities in the scarab like a FW. I hate the truck bed liner look of the tower on the Impulse. Their "new high tech" dash is straight out of a sea-doo pwc. They already have a recall on the windshield. The seats are clumsy to remove and put back in. The 195 HO IMpulse was price at $46,999. It did have some options but still thats $10k over an AR192. We have been in 2 shows now (Providence,RI and Boston, MA) and there has been no one coming into the Yamaha booth talking about the Scarab.

Their big claim is that they steer in "N". Their gate isn't connected to the nozzle so it can move the thrust around. What they don't tell you is that backing the boat up is a nightmare since it steers backwards.

Will they sell some, Yes. But they think they are going to put a big dent in Yamaha and that is just not going to happen.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Very unimpressed w/the glasstron. The scarab is nice, not sure what happens when water rushed onto back deck and the convertible seats are a little clunky
I found the opposite. I liked the Glasstron 21' more than the Scarab 19 or the Glasstron 187. It was a totally different boat. The Scarab 215 should be better, but that 19' is kinda junk, same with the Glasstron 19. The 21' boats with dual 255 hp engines... ummm, yeah, that's just sounding awesome.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love the competition as I think it helps the jetboat market in general. The lack of a clean-out port would be a deal breaker for me as one of the lakes I boat on regularly gets filled with weeds late in the summer. It is also hard for me to give up the known reliability of the Yamaha power plant. A lot of the new jetboats are sharp looking, but I don't see many features that I was wishing the Yamaha had. That said, maybe some competition will force Yamaha to work on a few of the known issues.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've been in the 21 and the 19 Scarab now. While I do love to see the competition I think the newcomers all have lots of work to do. The issues that @B_Mutter mentioned are true.

The 19 footer I saw in Tampa had screw indentations all the way around the entire hull (just above the rub rail. Came from the mold I think). Also the 195 logo plate was about to fall off and this was a show baot!

Worst of all these guys want to sell against the established leader and they launch with a boat that costs $50000 in the 19 foot class!!! That is what the sticker said in Tampa!

The 21 Scarab was priced at 60k, granted it was a twin engine 500 HP machine, but you can buy a 24 foot Yamaha with WAY more options and history for $3000 less!!

I could go on for days about this. Nice look but needs work!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been in the 21 and the 19 Scarab now. While I do love to see the competition I think the newcomers all have lots of work to do. The issues that @B_Mutter mentioned are true.

The 19 footer I saw in Tampa had screw indentations all the way around the entire hull (just above the rub rail. Came from the mold I think). Also the 195 logo plate was about to fall off and this was a show baot!

Worst of all these guys want to sell against the established leader and they launch with a boat that costs $50000 in the 19 foot class!!! That is what the sticker said in Tampa!

The 21 Scarab was priced at 60k, granted it was a twin engine 500 HP machine, but you can buy a 24 foot Yamaha with WAY more options and history for $3000 less!!

I could go on for days about this. Nice look but needs work!

Are you planning on any kind of "fins" for the newer jet boats?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I hope that other jet boat companies put a dent in Yamaha sales. Every year, Yamaha raises the price point and next to nothing changes... At the time, they were the only game in town and abused it. Competition makes companies try harder!

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
original_305d5a35fc199b6800e4491fff909a2b.jpg Overpriced