• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha SX210 pump removal and silicone near intermediate bearing

chris2879

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I pulled my pumps today to put my impellers back on after Impros refinished them over the winter. When i pulled the pump, i noticed some lose silicone between the outside of the boat and the intermediate bearing. Looking in from the back, i can see it in front of the splines. I am not sure if this is extra for assembly, or it is something to be worried about. The boat is a 2008 and is new to me 2 years ago. I am hoping this is not a bigger issue that will require more disassembly to fix or will cause the boat to take on water. One of the pictures is looking in from the back to show where the silicone is lying, and the other is a close up with a sharpie for size reference. Thoughts?

Attachments

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like just some excess from manufacture. I would clean off that surface stuff that is sticking out. Don't pull--you don't want to remove the stuff from the gap, just the stuff that was squeezed out. Should be fine.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't worry about unless see water coming in
In tge driveway You could block the drain and put some water in your engine compartment and see if drains out