• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Tools needed to remove the flywheel

Lauda

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi everyone, I am in process of removing the engines and am stuck at removing the flywheel, manual calls for sheave holder YS-01880-A/90890-01701 and YW-06551/90890-06551 coupler wrench, cant seam to find them anywhere. What am I doing wrong? Any stories out there with people using any other tools to get the flywheel off?
2004 Yamaha 230SX non HO.
thanks in advance!

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I pulled a car flywheel and got the gear puller from Napa or an auto parts store. Not sure what the tools Yamaha recommends looks like but an auto parts store might have what you want. I can't remember if I had to put a deposit down to "borrow" the tools or if store still lend tools out.

CaptRedbeard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just curious - are you pulling the engines to swap them, or are you pulling them and tearing them down to the bottom end to rebuild? I assume the nature of your question means you're tearing them completely down for a rebuild, because just pulling the engines doesn't require any special tools to dismount the rubber slip coupling between the crankshaft and jet drive shaft.

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi everyone, I am in process of removing the engines and am stuck at removing the flywheel, manual calls for sheave holder YS-01880-A/90890-01701 and YW-06551/90890-06551 coupler wrench, cant seam to find them anywhere. What am I doing wrong? Any stories out there with people using any other tools to get the flywheel off?
2004 Yamaha 230SX non HO.
thanks in advance!

Not the right thing, but I just use a small screwdriver and wedge it in the starter gear to keep it from moving while I pop the flywheel off.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For all of my Yamaha PWC's I've always used my old trusty puller with the proper threaded bolts (3) that match the threads on the gear/flywheel. Tighten evenly and a quick tap of the center threaded rod and they pop right off.