• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Wakebooster/Enhancer with Thrust Vectors?

QuakeTen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hello,

I have a 2019 AR195. I wanted to check to see if anyone has used both the Wakebooster from the Yamaha Surf Package with the new JBP Thrust Vectors. Are they compatible? I am getting ready to install the Thrust Vectors this weekend and thought I should check in first.

Thanks!

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There should not be an issue with the TV, I have not used both together but I can't see a reason for it to not work.

QuakeTen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks! Since my boat is at the lake house, both items are still boxed and at the lake (i.e. not at my primary residence), I am not even able to take them out and "take a look" before I head up to do some boat maintenance/upgrades.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 2019 AR195 with the Yamaha Wakebooster kit and the older JBP TV "Wake" product. Both products work well together. I don't have experience with the "new" TV product on the market, but I assume they'll work just fine with the Wakebooster especially since the new TV fins stay out of the water at speed.

Since I only have experience using these items together, I can't say that the TV Wake makes the surf wave better or not by itself. But I can definitely say that the Wakebooster performs as advertised to clean up the wave. I've tried without to see and it made a big improvement.

QuakeTen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks. I had the TV Wake but returned it as I was worried about the install. I know the new TV won’t help my surf wave and only looking to them for improved low speed control. Primarily for my wife and daughter who I hope will both learn to drive the boat this summer.

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Wake Boosters only work w/ 2019+ models, correct?

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Affinity

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
For a 2022 195S - will the Yamaha wake booster kit really provide a wake for good wake surfing? Anyone have good experience with a 19’ and Yamahas wake booster kit?
I want to try and wake surf, but don’t want to waste $1,100 if it won’t considerably help.
thanks

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There's a lot of good info on this site. Start with this recent thread here:

To directly answer your question - yes, I believe the Wakebooster kit works and I'm happy I bought one. But it is NOT a silver bullet, the 19' boats need other stuff too (most especially more ballast). Here's a direct link to my setup that works reliably on the 195 boat:

Also, you'll need a good (and fast) wake surf board. My personal favorite for this boat is the Slingshot Coaster 5'3".

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
anyone else having disturbance issues with the wave quality with the combo of thrust vectors and wakebooster? my friend installed his thrust vectors and used his wakebooster, with the results of the outer fins being smacked around with a 700lbs transom ballast

Last edited:

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
anyone else having disturbance issues with the wave quality with the combo of thrust vectors and wakebooster? my friend installed his thrust vectors and used his wakebooster with the thrust vectors, with the results of the outer fins being smacked around with a 700lbs transom ballast
ill guarantee the water flow is hitting them. In the full upward position that water stream directed will def have the fin being hit. Might not see it with 700lbs on the corner as the list will drive the pump deeper underwater.