• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha Wakebooster kit

kjchmay

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone have info on when the Wakebooster from Yamaha will be available?

mike holdenrid

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I heard April from 2 dealers

kjchmay

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Mike. Going to hit a boat show this weekend and see what I can find out there.

MCH0523

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I Pre ordered mine and hope to have it some time in feb....... hopping I did not waste my time or money.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Says we should only operate the boat at wake surf speeds with the booster attached, I'm wondering how easy it is to get on and off in the water? I am guessing you drive to your wake surf site, jump in, attach it, wake surf a bit, remove the item and call it a day. I am also guessing it is easy to move from the stern to port?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You don't need to jump in. It's probably much easier to install out of the water than in it while trying to float. You can get on your knees, look under the swim platform and slide the pin through the stern eye. Watch the videos of the install. Seems real simple to install and remove.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Haknslash, it does seem super easy to install or move, perfect! I'm definitely picking up the package although I don't need the board, already have two others, but whatever....

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I picked up my boat 242XE this week. Wake booster was already included in the deal.
The dealer said mine as the first one he had delivered so far.
I didn’t think to ask if he had others in stock, or if other customers were still waiting?

Hivedog

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone found this for sale yet...my dealer keeps telling me they haven't heard of it and would need a part number to find anything else out about it or order it.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Haven't heard of it? That's a bit bizarre. Most dealers you can only put your name in for when it comes available. A lot of us put our name in for it back in December and are still waiting for it - especially the 21' package - seems the 24' package delivered sooner. The only place you can order it online is the on the Canadian Yamaha site where it is marketed under a different name as the Wake Enhancer. @Whisky posted a thread on it a while back.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/wake-enhancer-live-in-canada.21972/

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
My dealer told me to expect it the end of May. But that I was no longer first in line. They sold a 242X that didn't have one, so that gentleman gets his fist.

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Dealer tells me mine was back-ordered until last week, but as of Saturday it has shipped. Hope to see it soon!

ReedH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just heard from my dealer and their saying June 11th for shipping.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I heard my dealer got 2 of them last week but unfortunately there are 5 others ahead of me in line!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Damsroy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks to me this is for the wakebooster only. Not for the wakesurf package. Doesn’t price seem high for wakebooster attachment only?
That's supply and demand working. Seller knows these are in high demand and trying to make off big. IIRC the booster alone was going to be $500 or so,

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don't get what the hold up is either. They announced this product last fall and it's not like they didn't know summer is coming.