• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha white lettering flaking off Black Premium Boat Cover. Anyone seen this? Pics attached

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just curious if anyone else has ever had this happen to their Deluxe Premium cover. Kind of surprised to see this happening. The boat is a couple of years old and only gets used in the summer and it sits in the garage all winter and it does not get used. Just surprised it’s flaking off like this after just a couple of light years usage. Here’s a few pics

Attachments

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've had a total of three premium covers on my two boats over 7 years of ownership. I've never seen that happen to any of the covers...and mine are on whenever the boat is not in use (outside all summer and inside all winter). Try reaching out to the dealer who sold it...maybe they can help get you a replacement??

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine flaked after 2-years in salt air. Fortunately the cover material is still in good shape.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My cover is now 4 years old and its solid melted into the cover, never saw this before.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mines doing it also. Only on the boat during the summer up here. It's bad enough to that you see it in the boat. I did make the mistake this year of using Starbrite waterproofing on it and now the cover is shot. You can see through the cover on real sunny days now. Debating on a custom cover next year or another Yamaha cover.

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Same thing with mine but the letters on the back are almost completely faded off. Front still looks good. It’s annoying for me too but the cover still seems in good shape.