• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha will replace your Bow Roller

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just dropped my boat off for the 10hours service. Even though the price was shocking ($455 - was quoted $375 but that's a different story.)
But good news is, Phil Dills will repair the scratches and will replace it with the Stotlz bow roller under warranty. When I pointed out the scratches caused by the roller, the service adviser immediate said it will be taken care of. This is Phil Dills in Lewisville, TX. Different dealer might be different, but I would advise taking advantage of that if your roller is scratching your new boat.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
They are fixing my scratches but I bought my roller myself.

Aaron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
May sound dumb...but how do you know when you have 10 hours on the boat?

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have not looked...but I thought my boat had an hour gauge...maybe I am wrong.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The gauges on my boat shows the engine's hours. They didn't have that feature on the older models.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are fixing my scratches but I bought my roller myself.
That's interesting. He said that they will replace it under warranty for me. Might explain the increase in the cost? I'll update when I receive the bill.
I wasn't expecting that, But he made it pretty clear that yamaha is paying for it. I might have to call and confirm with them tomorrow.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
May sound dumb...but how do you know when you have 10 hours on the boat?
You can display around 8-10 things on your guages by scrolling through the menu and can display up to 2 different displays per guage at any given time, totaling four. One of those displays is hours. The operators manual will give a guide how set up your guages.

Aaron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
no way really? I didn't see that on my gauges when I was playing with them. I guess I will have to look again.

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I didn't know you could display 4...thought it was only 2, cool, thanks !!!

Chris5105

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had the hour meter up on my 2013, but now I can't seem to get it back. Also did you just ask if Yamaha would repair the scratches or was there a recall? What kind of box roller are they replacing? Mine is a white plastic that seems to be crumbling after 1 year

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Replace the white roller @Chris5105 it is hard plastic and will indeed scratch the bow. @Kevin107 , I had no idea they would fix the roller or the scratches. But when I dropped off the boat last Thursday, William pointed to my Stolz and said "nice roller"! I told him I replaced the POS crap roller that came on the trailer because it was scratching the $#!+ out of my bow. I then showed him the bow and told him I had spent 2 hour polishing them out and that was the best I could get, which wasn't good enough. He told me they would take care of it. He also told me that they pull the rollers and replace them all the time due to this, as well as repair the boats that are scuffed by them. He told me that they had received boats right off the truck, with the roller so smashed, that the steel mount was protruding out and had gouged the boat!

I have said this before, but you just can't say it enough...Phil Dill Boats in Lewisville, Texas is an outstanding example of what a dealer should be. They provide excellent information and help to guide a prospective buyer through the process without ever being pushy or applying pressure. They are certainly with you during the purchase and after the sale. And long after. Let me say this too. I did not buy my current boat from them. I did buy my 230 in '09 from Toby Blackney, and he is now the Service Manager! He has improved that department dramatically, and it was never a bad department! But they are absolutely the dealer to go to today if you live in this area. I digress...so I buy my boat out of state, because PD has no leftovers at all. And I have a number of issues with my boat, that I am sure the selling dealer would have taken care of, but probably not without me pointing it out. I know how PD does business. They go over a boat and make it perfect, even a trade in, they make it perfect. That is not to say you won't find something that got by them, because they see a bunch of boats. They are the number one Yamaha boat dealer in the world! And they also sell several other lines. So they are a busy place. But their philosophy is different than most. If your buying a boat, go talk to them. You will certainly become part of their family and they will treat you that way from now on. I was glad to see Ivan, Olin, William, and of course Toby, I know Cory Dill is in the sales department and don't know all the other folks. But this is a dealer you want to talk to. They will certainly go to bat with Yamaha for you, and make sure if you are entitled to any warranty, they will get it for you. Yamaha...THIS DEALER MAKES YOU LOOK GOOD! Thank you Phil Dill Boats!

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have to agree with Mel.
I'm not too happy with their sales department, but the service department has been great. Even before I bought my ar210, I was up there looking at a boat their customer was selling. Even though they had nothing to so with tr sale, they were out there in the blazing Texas sun showing me the boat and even gave me tips on jet boats. Great customer service.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
no way really? I didn't see that on my gauges when I was playing with them. I guess I will have to look again.
@Aaron, @billyb Aaron. The info you are looking for starts on page 34 of your operators manual. If you do not have your manual readily available go to the home page and you will find it on the boat specific title. billy b, not sure which page, but also can look at manual on model specific boat if your manual if not handy. @Kevin107 Sorry for stealing thread.

Yamaha242lsdallas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Replace the white roller @Chris5105 it is hard plastic and will indeed scratch the bow. @Kevin107 , I had no idea they would fix the roller or the scratches. But when I dropped off the boat last Thursday, William pointed to my Stolz and said "nice roller"! I told him I replaced the POS crap roller that came on the trailer because it was scratching the $#!+ out of my bow. I then showed him the bow and told him I had spent 2 hour polishing them out and that was the best I could get, which wasn't good enough. He told me they would take care of it. He also told me that they pull the rollers and replace them all the time due to this, as well as repair the boats that are scuffed by them. He told me that they had received boats right off the truck, with the roller so smashed, that the steel mount was protruding out and had gouged the boat!

I have said this before, but you just can't say it enough...Phil Dill Boats in Lewisville, Texas is an outstanding example of what a dealer should be. They provide excellent information and help to guide a prospective buyer through the process without ever being pushy or applying pressure. They are certainly with you during the purchase and after the sale. And long after. Let me say this too. I did not buy my current boat from them. I did buy my 230 in '09 from Toby Blackney, and he is now the Service Manager! He has improved that department dramatically, and it was never a bad department! But they are absolutely the dealer to go to today if you live in this area. I digress...so I buy my boat out of state, because PD has no leftovers at all. And I have a number of issues with my boat, that I am sure the selling dealer would have taken care of, but probably not without me pointing it out. I know how PD does business. They go over a boat and make it perfect, even a trade in, they make it perfect. That is not to say you won't find something that got by them, because they see a bunch of boats. They are the number one Yamaha boat dealer in the world! And they also sell several other lines. So they are a busy place. But their philosophy is different than most. If your buying a boat, go talk to them. You will certainly become part of their family and they will treat you that way from now on. I was glad to see Ivan, Olin, William, and of course Toby, I know Cory Dill is in the sales department and don't know all the other folks. But this is a dealer you want to talk to. They will certainly go to bat with Yamaha for you, and make sure if you are entitled to any warranty, they will get it for you. Yamaha...THIS DEALER MAKES YOU LOOK GOOD! Thank you Phil Dill Boats!

I have to second (or X3) what was said with Phil Dill - they have done right by me a number of times!

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
When your at the end of the different displays, hit both buttons at the same time, this will give you a whole new amount of things you can look at

Top Bottom