• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamapalooza on August 27, 2016 at great gun beach in Moriches Bay, NY long Island

Stephen Blaney

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
All welcome on August 27, 2016.

Us Long Island Yamaha guys are having a Yamapalooza on August 27, 2016 at great gun beach in Moriches Bay, NY on Long island. All welcome no matter what ride you have.

Bring your own what ever.

Beach is located in the Great South Bay at 40.763948, -72.775560, just south of the Forge River in mastic and just west of Moriches inlet. It is a town beach (no permit needed) only accessible by boat, has new town full service bathrooms and areas to cook and play.

We generally get a few boats and friends but looking to include others for a fun afternoon.

for a preview of the beach and area.

Leojay

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds awesome...count me in!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I apologize for showing my ignorance, but wow you guys have some beautiful boating over there, I just assumed it was all concrete jungle with a wall around it and some guy named Snake Plissken trying to get out!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Contemplating bringing the boat down from the lake for this. . . . . Need to bring her down for 5o hr service soon anyway.

Anyone know where the nearest public ramp is?

ken4motion

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The wife and I were just talking about what to do this weekend. Count us in!!!

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I apologize for showing my ignorance, but wow you guys have some beautiful boating over there, I just assumed it was all concrete jungle with a wall around it and some guy named Snake Plissken trying to get out!
Nah we are an island, basically a ginormous sand bar with some stable soil to building communities...You thinking of those City folk...steel and concrete jungle...

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Contemplating bringing the boat down from the lake for this. . . . . Need to bring her down for 5o hr service soon anyway.

Anyone know where the nearest public ramp is?
Come on down. Supposed to be 87* and sunny. Too far for the wife from our home port to go by boat so we will launch from either the marina above or Smiths Point.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Come on down. Supposed to be 87* and sunny. Too far for the wife from our home port to go by boat so we will launch from either the marina above or Smiths Point.
Yeah, I looked at the weather prior to making that comment. . . . . = )

Tomorrow is the wife's birthday, and our last day here. . . . so I would have to spend a bunch of it pulling the boat and prepping for the journey. I will float it in the a.m. and see if it sticks. GSB is my "home" waterway. . . but ever since I bought the lake house I haven't been on it by boat.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Totally bummed to be posting this, but we're not going to make it this year. . . . My 10 month old has double ear infections that are resisting the 2nd round of antibiotics. . . . and we have been getting little to no sleep as a result. Was too much to pack the boat up, shore haul her and drag her down to LI for what would literally be a 1 day outing (even as awesome as it will be).

Hope you guys have great weather and calm seas.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ken4motion , great video. Grew up in E. Setauket and great to see the familiar spots on video. Enjoy the weekend yamapalooza and as the kids are older, I am getting closer to being able to make these events.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Totally bummed to be posting this, but we're not going to make it this year. . . . My 10 month old has double ear infections that are resisting the 2nd round of antibiotics. . . . and we have been getting little to no sleep as a result. Was too much to pack the boat up, shore haul her and drag her down to LI for what would literally be a 1 day outing (even as awesome as it will be).

Hope you guys have great weather and calm seas.
Sorry to hear about your kid. Those are horrible at such a young age.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So approximately what time will people start to show up?