• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

yamshield vs yamaha silcone protectant and lube ???

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
getting ready to close her up ... might see a little early this year but swamped with other projects and want to get her done and put in her grave till May 23 ... i usually when all clean run a fine mist coasting over entire engines and components in the engine bay before closing the hatch for season ... So my question is which is better to use for misting the engine ? thanks

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think the yamsheild would be a better product for the motors components, Silicone spray i would use on hinges, electrical connections ect..

ACRDSPORT14

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
PWC
I have been using Yamaha Silicone Spray over everything since 2013 on my boats and waverunners/jetskis. I have never had any rust or problems.