• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

YDIS 1 Code 2020 FX HO

lokart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Only 17 hours on this jet ski. I had pulled the rear wall out of the front storage to have a look around. I was also running the ski with the water hose connected at the time. As I went to place the wall back, I had to tuck away the wiring harnesses and then bang, alarm sounds. High temp alert and YDIS 1 code. I quickly turned the water pressure up and the high temp alert cleared in just a few short seconds, but the YDIS 1 did not. I turned off the ski and now it will not start. Ski turns on, shows connext screen and instant alarm. I then went to look at the wiring harnesses to make sure I didn't unplug anything. I found a plug disconnected that looks like it has some sort of temperature probe strapped to the wire. I plugged it back in and still have the code. Disconnected the battery for a few hours, engine now cold to touch and still have error, won't even try to turn over. I ran the hose for just a minute to get cool water through it and still will not let me start it. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Attachments

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Only 17 hours on this jet ski. I had pulled the rear wall out of the front storage to have a look around. I was also running the ski with the water hose connected at the time. As I went to place the wall back, I had to tuck away the wiring harnesses and then bang, alarm sounds. High temp alert and YDIS 1 code. I quickly turned the water pressure up and the high temp alert cleared in just a few short seconds, but the YDIS 1 did not. I turned off the ski and now it will not start. Ski turns on, shows connext screen and instant alarm. I then went to look at the wiring harnesses to make sure I didn't unplug anything. I found a plug disconnected that looks like it has some sort of temperature probe strapped to the wire. I plugged it back in and still have the code. Disconnected the battery for a few hours, engine now cold to touch and still have error, won't even try to turn over. I ran the hose for just a minute to get cool water through it and still will not let me start it. Anyone have any idea what's going on?
@lokart ......first I respectfully suggest you check all grounds and connections, particularly in the area of the ignition module. Next check breakers then fuses, if a wire shorted when you moved the harness a breaker could have tripped or a fuse blown. I know an overheat code must be cleared by using Yamaha software and a harness connector from the computer to the boat but I have not heard of an overheat code preventing re-start. Have you consulted the overheat comments section in your factory manual? :cool:

lokart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@lokart ......first I respectfully suggest you check all grounds and connections, particularly in the area of the ignition module. Next check breakers then fuses, if a wire shorted when you moved the harness a breaker could have tripped or a fuse blown. I know an overheat code must be cleared by using Yamaha software and a harness connector from the computer to the boat but I have not heard of an overheat code preventing re-start. Have you consulted the overheat comments section in your factory manual? :cool:
Thanks. My battery fluid is low, not sure how with it being so new, and I'm getting 11.2-11.8 volts, but would think that's not the issue. I'll continue looking around.

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You said you ran cool water through it and then tried starting it? Make sure to turn the water on Only after the engine is running, and also shut water off before shutting engine off. Just an FYI . If you did run the hose without engine on, I would pull the plugs before you crank it. Just avoid a hydro lock condition. Also check your tether.

lokart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You said you ran cool water through it and then tried starting it? Make sure to turn the water on Only after the engine is running, and also shut water off before shutting engine off. Just an FYI . If you did run the hose without engine on, I would pull the plugs before you crank it. Just avoid a hydro lock condition. Also check your tether.
Yes, dealer techs said no more than 15 seconds of running water with engine off and no more than 15 seconds of water off when engine is running. 15 seconds is all it took to get cool water out the side port. But yes, I normally would not run water without engine.

lokart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Update... I was able to start the ski this morning and third FULL power down and restart cleared the code.