• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

YDS Cable and software loan

qdtaylor77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm in a pinch and need to borrow someone's YDS Cable and software. I'm in southern Maryland. Phone number is 6616180335. The closet dealer is 2 hrs away that services Yamaha jet boats and they're booked for two weeks. TIA. Any help is appreciated. I'll have it overnighted back to you as I only need to read hours on boat. 2007 SX210

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
do you have a machine that will run XP ? the older version 1.32 only works with XP. I'm currently having issues with mine and questioning if my cable is messed up or I'd volunteer it.

You can order on ebay for $80.

You also could take it to a jet ski shop, they might be confused at first but it's the same connectors,

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry; I am only seeing this late. Still need one? My boat is ~30 min away, so I am not planning to see her until at least this weekend (and the cable is up with the boat). If I even get to go up then. Anyway, let me know.

@Scottintexas did you ever get it to work?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
no, I tried to run it in compatibility mode but it still didn't work or even recognize the driver, I decided against trying to reload XP and just figured I'd by a new set off ebay, although I just drove to Spring on Sunday to drop my son off so I should have stopped by, I thought about honking when I went through.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@qdtaylor77 - are you still looking for the cable/software? I'm in Columbia, MD. Note, however, that I too have had no luck getting it to run yet. Was planning on digging out an old XP laptop and trying again. ;-)

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@msavold I'm not certain but I believe you need the V 1.33 and that runs on Win. 7 and up for the 1.8L enginers , I think only v 1.32 needs XP and it is for the mr 1's

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Scott - I just checked and mine is the 1.33.
I only got one afternoon to try to connect it before the boat went into storage so I'm not 100% sure what the issue was when it failed to read the engines. I know that our local dealer was saying that one of their older laptops worked but their "new one" didn't (and mine didn't the first time I tried either) so I was assuming it was an OS thing... Getting boat out of storage next week end so I'm planning to try again.