• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

YDS Software and cable - May I borrow?

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi! I hope everyone's winter projects are coming together nicely. Only a few more months until us mid-westerners get to launch the boats (although some of my die-heard fishing buddies have already been out a few times this year in Ohio!). I redid my dash (added some more switches and gauges and lights and stuff). When I tested to make sure everything worked, I was pleasantly surprised because everything did work. Since I was already up in there and battery was charged, I went ahead and started both engines to let them run for 5-10 seconds. Both of the check engine lights are on. What's up with that? I was about to buy the YDS software and cable on eBay, but figured I'd check here first. Perhaps someone has the kit they could let me borrow for a few days so I can see why these lights are on. I'll obviously pay for shipping and get it back to you when I'm done. Unless someone has any suggestions for other things to check. I don't want to let the engines run too long without water. And it's still too early in the year for me to comfortably hook water to them. Thanks in advance!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Mine is loaned out right now but if it comes back soon I'll relay to you. One thing that you must have is a laptop with XP operating system. For some reason we seem to have issues connecting in compatibility mode. See if you can locate one in the mean time.

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A laptop with XP is no problem. Let me know when you get your equipment back.

If anyone else has a kit they can loan out, please let me know! Thanks

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A laptop with XP is no problem. Let me know when you get your equipment back.

If anyone else has a kit they can loan out, please let me know! Thanks
@vzimmer113 PM me your name/address, I will loan you my software and cable - I will be gone for 2 weeks in Hawaii and will not need it until after we come back - plan to check my hours, do my Spring maintenance on the boat.

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
PM sent. Thanks a lot! Hopefully I can figure out how to use it.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Lol
I have @buckbuck stuff! Trying to get it up and running and it is very tempermental. Not the newest version so i wonder if that's why so stubborn. Now i acquired an xp machine but it doesn't have a power cord... frustrating!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lol
I have @buckbuck stuff! Trying to get it up and running and it is very tempermental. Not the newest version so i wonder if that's why so stubborn. Now i acquired an xp machine but it doesn't have a power cord... frustrating!
@Speedling I have the newest version if you want to use it after @vzimmer113

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Works with windows 10?
The stuff online looks like $125 for the whole kit and says compatible with 10. A bit pricey but probaby worth having if anything goes wrong.
Windows XP and before, so I guess it was the latest software up until now, have not seen YDS for Windows 10.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I THINK I have an old no-frills laptop sitting at my house. I can't remember if I donated it or if it's still sitting on my ever-growing pile of junk I need to get rid of. If I still have it, I can load XP on it, load @AZDANSX230HO's YDS software on it, and donate it to the group! Perhaps we can pass this stuff around like the Scupper wrenches if all parties are okay with it. I'll let you guys know if I find that laptop.
We might need to order an extra cable to pass around.

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Edit: Found the laptop!

I have an old no-frills laptop sitting at my house. I can load XP on it, load @AZDANSX230HO's YDS software on it, and donate it to the group! Perhaps we can get another cable and pass this stuff around like the Scupper wrenches if all parties are okay with it.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been running my YDS on Windows 10. I'm not really computer savvy, so I'm not sure what version of YDS I'm running (or how to check). But ive had it for many years. I do know that I get a communication error every time something updates on the computer. So far, I just have to go into the control panel and switch the USB device to com port 1 and it's worked every time.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No issues on Windows 10 for me either... other than having to change the com port as noted (if I recall correctly, after plugging/connecting the cable, it will show up in device manager, then you can make the change).

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got the software and cable. Can someone help me find the diagnostic ports? I saw in previous threads it was mentioned the ports are under some panel in the starboard side storage? I don't see anything. I have a 2006 AR210.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Different years are different places

I would look on the back wall above the ecu and then just follow the wires from there

They should be light gray and you may have a blank plug cover hanging free

Alex Smith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got the software and cable. Can someone help me find the diagnostic ports? I saw in previous threads it was mentioned the ports are under some panel in the starboard side storage? I don't see anything. I have a 2006 AR210.
On my 2007 ar210 it is just above the back of each engine (over the oil cap). Zip tied with the wiring harness

Last edited:

Alex Smith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length