• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yellow seat in 2016 LS

firecap797

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I pulled open the cover on Sunday to discover that I have some yellow spots on the white seats. I'm betting it is sunscreen. These seats seem to have a vinyl/mesh on them, so nothing abrasive is going to work. I tried some Simple Green cut at 50/50 with a soft brush and it helped, but not much.

Any ideas?

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
A lot of times just sun exposure will bleach them out. I have noticed that with some of the hard to remove stains on my seats. Some others here might have a better solution though.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Some small yellow spots come from bugs or trees. If it does not come off easy then the sun will usually bleach it out.

firecap797

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is before I cleaned it. I've also invested in a new cover.

20180519_112818.jpg

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@firecap797 you need to be careful with that part of the upholstery. It is a tinted color and use of bleach based cleaners can remove a thin layer of coating or dye. As suggested, the sun will help you ... so or keep working with non abrasive vinyl cleaner and in a few months you’ll be good to go. What is sitting on top of those nice looking wheels?

firecap797

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@firecap797 you need to be careful with that part of the upholstery. It is a tinted color and use of bleach based cleaners can remove a thin layer of coating or dye. As suggested, the sun will help you ... so or keep working with non abrasive vinyl cleaner and in a few months you’ll be good to go. What is sitting on top of those nice looking wheels?
Thanks I'll give it a try.

I took the boat with me to work and pulled it into an empty bay. That would be a big white firetruck with a blue stripe :)

Hike

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm in the same boat! The edges of my seats have gotten yellow from sunscreen (neutragena spray). Haven't been able to find anything to remove it yet, I've tried 303, simple green even a boat magic eraser.