• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yes boat values are increasing .. not to mention practically none fore sale used .

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Its middle september and usually craigs list is loaded with boats for sale in my region ... this year none .. maybe 1 or 2 at crazy prices

At this point with shortages going on with manufacturing and parts .. it could be a good investment at the moment to buy another boat if you could just for the parts .. having spare engines , parts ect .. who knows how long this shortage could go on for ... my only worry is fuel prices rising so high that everything goes electric in 5-10 years .

I hear you. I would like to throw my two cents on the electric thing.. Why we may have to worry about gas prices going up that may not happen as rapid as you may think. Cars and Trucks are increasingly becoming electric based. Boats are really far away with 100% electric. The battery packs weigh literally a 1/2 ton. Cars and Trucks can take that weight and use it in their body structure. Tesla is super advance on battery packs but are limited to 200 to 300 mile range with several hours of normal recharge needed. But electric batteries are a major challenger to gas. As more cars become electric, gas consumption will be reduced and need to be stored. Gas has a very short shelf life. The infrastructure around gas is well built and will not be thrown down any time soon. As consumption (demand) for gas is lower, the price per gallon (supply) will rise slowly rise (cost of living) or possible go down.... As for electric boats, nope, nada.. Nothing in the $50K and below class. What I do see is hybrid gas engines to electric motors. A small gas engine powering a generator to power a high powered electric motor.

yes in future the batteries will advance in weight and performance .. there will be solar charging systems .. of course this will be for small boats for a while .

I'm actually starting to see tons of boats get listed, but I'd rather talk about boats going electric.

I find the possibility quite interesting (I currently have a pretty early Ford Lightning reservation, hoping that it's early enough to receive one of the 15,000 or so that get made for the 2022 MY, so I'm learning more about electric vehicles these days). I'm not sure electric boats with Li-Ion technology will be viable at scale as the batteries just don't have enough juice. Case in point...the Nautique GS22E has a 124kWh battery and will only run the boat for 'up to 3 hours'. That's a big battery and you only get 3 hours out of it! For reference, the biggest battery Tesla currently makes I believe is 100kWh and the Ford Lightning truck will likely have ~150kWh battery (they've yet to confirm). To make electric boats viable at scale (for the masses, not just a $300K Nautique), I think it's going to take large scale solid state battery technology, which will provide significantly more juice and could actually give you a day out on the water. The word is SSB tech for automobile-sized batteries (which is what a boat would need) is another 5 years away. Unfortunately, it's been '5 years away' for the last 15+ years, so who knows how far off it really is.

Back