• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yeti Power !

Durkis007

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I finally broke down and purchased a Yeti coolor. After a few years with the AO coolers, leaking and the outside canvas fading I had enough. Now I will never have to buy another cooler ! Yeti1.JPG Yeti2.JPG Yeti3.JPG

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Now you just have to pay off the loan. :p j/k

Those are nice coolers!!!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Very nice coolers! Agreed on them being pricy. But if you have a need for a 7 day cooler they are worth it. But the size of a cooler that can do that, is thick, and that takes up room. I have 4 AO Coolers and every issue I have ever had (only one issue) was covered under warrant. They don't leak, sweat, but even that Yeti will fade if left in the sun. UV is a bitch! My biggest issue however is in a boat of our size, there just isn't room IMO. That doesn't mean my opinion is yours. I have said for many years, that everything is a compromise, and what works for one won't necessarily work for another. I have no doubt that the Yeti will keep its cool for days...if it is closed more than it is open. Those things are better insulated than your refrigerator! Seriously, everyone uses their boats differently than the next guy. If you camp, that is one great cooler, if you don't have access to ice or electricity. But then you may need two of them!

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I like their coolers......my wife bought me one for Christmas. I hated to do it, but I did return it since it wouldn't stow anywhere and space it at a premium on our boat. Now their coozies and cups are another story. We use them a lot and they work great. I have almost enough invested in the tumblers, coolsters, and 20oz ramblers to pay for a cooler!

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have an igloo Marine cooler I bought at Wal-Mart about 5 years ago. I also have an AO cooler. I like the AO for the soft side and it's easy to carry with the shoulder strap. The igloo, surprisingly does a great job and keeps ice frozen all day. Like Mel said, if you keep it closed, it lasts a long time, open it every two minutes and nothing will stay frozen. I do like that my igloo fits nicely in under the starboard seat and the lid opens easily while parked there as well. It fits perfectly in the recess.

Durkis007

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No knock on the performance of the AO, I thought they were great for the price point. The ice lasted for a full day, and I can live with that. Just a bit frustrated that they leaked, and faded.

Its usually just my wife and I, sometimes another couple comes with us. So space is not that big of a deal to us. Now for a family, I can see that it could be in the way on our size boats. We typically boat from Friday night through the weekend, so we need a larger cooler for a full weekend of drinks and food ! With this larger cooler I only have to worry about filling it up Friday afternoon and not worry about it till sunday night.

My friend we boat with every weekend, swears by Yeti, and sold me on spending the money, stocks up his Yeti on Friday morning and by sunday night still has frozen ice cubes.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I like the coolers but I am following @Bruce 's lead and going the route of an on board refrigerator. :) Damn near the same price of a Yeti when you think about it... ;)

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Id strap that thing to the back transom area of the boat. Thats what we do with big coolers on out waverunners.

Xjpeex

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That thing is huge congrats tho it's kick ass ... Did you look at the yeti hopper ?
I just got a yeti hopper 30 and love it !!!!! It fits under the seat or behind the helm on my 212x
It might not fit as much stuff as yours but if fits enough to for my family of 4

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You will love your YETI. I have three in different sizes and you get what you pay for. They get heavy lifting in and out of the boat so lift with your knees! LOL!

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Keep a fridge in your boathouse. :winkingthumbsup"