• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

you can run a engine that is normally water feed from the water it sits in

gordon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi
hope you can help - i am new to this so your help will be much appriceated.
i have bought as a project a 1977 DATELINE BIKINI JET BOAT.
i was wanting to know if you can run the engine that is normally water feed from the water it sits in off a garden hose connected to mains water directly connected in to the boats intake pipe ?
if so is there any time limit on running it ?
i just want to check things are working rather than take it each time down to lake.
thanks for you time and help.
gordon

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Can you attach an inline pressure gauge to the intake while the engine is running in the water and see what kid of pressure is on that line from the normal jet pressure. Then use that as a gauge to figure out how much water pressure to feed the engine out of the water. Pressure doesn't equal flow rate but flow/volume should be a factor of the restrictions down the line from the intake. You would of course also need a one way valve on the intake line so water doesn't flow back out the normal water inlet.