• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Z06 White or Silver..help me decide.

DonWon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I just saw a white one driving down the road. Definitely white!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
White

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I saw a red one at Academy sports and got a little bit of a chubby. My answer still stays with red!!!!!

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
White is the new silver……………………or was it silver is the new white………………………...:confused::confused::confused:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Why choose? If you go with the non z06 model and l1 not l2, l3 or convertible for a few thousand more you could buy one of each color.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I started my answer as silver 'cause I'm generally a silver guy. But I really like the white - so that's my vote (today). I like the contrast.

And as someone else said earlier, you suck. Well not really, but now I feel better for not having my own. I want one - bad.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Silver. My neighbor has a convertible red with black wheels and it looks solid without going over the top. In my opinion, based on the pics that you provided, I think that the silver one looks classier. Either way, good for you!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Except for the 1963 split window coupe. That has to be silver
I respectfully disagree. We have a family friend that has a white '63 and it is gorgeous in that color.

But honestly, can you really go wrong with any color. Especially a zo6. My personal preference would probably be black.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I respectfully disagree. We have a family friend that has a white '63 and it is gorgeous in that color.

But honestly, can you really go wrong with any color. Especially a zo6. My personal preference would probably be black.
You obviously haven't read my book. If your friend has a white one (although gorgeous as it may be) it isn't factory.

Color Options for 1963 Chevrolet Corvette "Stingray" Coupe:

RPO... Exterior... Ditzler # ... Dupont Lucite #... Production

916.... Daytona Blue..... DDL-12696.... 4395-L.......... 3475
923.... Riverside Red..... DDL-70961.... 2931-L ......... 4612
941.... Sebring Silver..... DDL-32312 .... 867-96417..... 2507

The Silver was an $80.70 upgrade option over the red and blue making it a bit more rare than the base coupe which listed for $4,038.00

So, if you read my book, you'll find that the silver 'vette, with the Z06 performance package at $1,818.45 additional, is the collector's dream.

keep-calm-and-read-my-book-12.png

:cool:

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Actually @Glassman, the 1963 corvette stingray was avaliable in white.

936....Ermine White.....DDL 8259...GM code - WA2661

Check - http://gmheritagecenter.com docs

Research my boy, research. :p
"Available" being the key word.

Not to belabor the point, but I went to the link you provided...it didn't land at any spec page - just the home page. If you search that site you'll find the original Corvette information package pdf:
https://gmheritagecenter.com/docs/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits/Corvette/1963-Chevrolet-Corvette.pdf

It does list white, among other colors, as available, but none were produced.
Look under the QTY column it shows quantities for blue, red and silver vehicles for a total of 11,603 vehicles. That does differ from my source which says that only 10,594 coupes were produced...I'll have to a bit more "Research" on those numbers, but I've always relied on the smaller number.:cool:

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It does list white, among other colors, as available, but none were produced.
Look under the QTY column it shows quantities for blue, red and silver vehicles for a total of 11,603 vehicles. That does differ from my source which says that only 10,594 coupes were produced..
You have to remember that 11,603 cars in those colors refers to both coupes and convertibles (10,594 coupes / 10,919 convertibles). That is why the number is higher than the total of coupes produced. Based on this, it is conceivable that a white 1963 stingray coupe could have been produced and that it would be a more rare car than one of the blue, red, or silver cars. Since there would only be 9,910 cars (coupes & convertibles) produced in other colors. :)

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You know, you're probably right. Strike that, you ARE right. I forgot about special order cars. The registry I used only listed existing production vehicles...thing is, I've never seen a white production coupe and that's what threw me. I almost bought one that was painted white, but it was red originally. Looked like this:
vette.jpg

I've seen the convertibles painted just about every color you can imagine!

If your friend has a factory white car and it's a Z06 AND has air conditioning he's sitting on a gold mine! :winkingthumbsup"

Last edited:

Jr15g

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
White!!!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If your friend has a factory white car and it's a Z06 AND has air conditioning he's sitting on a gold mine!
Holy crap, that would be a gold mine! While it is a factory white car. I don't think it is a zo6 (sorry if I didn't clarify that) and I don't remember if it has air. It does have the aluminum knock offs though. I wish I had a picture of it, it's a beautiful car.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't imagine spending that kind of money on an American sports car. If I was going to do that I'd get a hellcat and save $20k.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Silver. White always reminds me of rental cars. Enjoy!