• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Zinc Anodes for 210

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone found a resource to order zinc anodes? I believe the ones the boat comes with are magnesium. I boat in salt ... so ... zinc.

Bubblehead

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
210 fsh has aluminum anode. I thought about replacing mine, but after researching determined aluminum was better than zinc for saltwater.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think this is related to anodes. In following this article https://www.protroll.com/bb-all-chapters

"Even if you may never intend to purchase a Black Box, you should carefully follow these steps. You can save yourself a lot of grief from corroded boat parts and may considerably enhance your fishing results.

Whenever a boat is in water, the different underwater metal parts interact with each other to form a weak battery. Electrical currents flow from one metal part to another depending on the type and placement of the metals involved as well as the mineral content of the water. Typical metals used on boats include aluminum, copper, steel, brass, stainless steel and zinc as sacrificial anodes. If a boat is set up properly all the corrosion is channeled so it dissipates harmlessly in the zinc sacrificial anodes. As it does so, it creates a positive field around the vessel which can be helpful in attracting fish. There are three seperate electical sections:

1. The zinc anodes are located on the outboard motor, outdrive or propeller shaft. Because of the low nobility of zinc, these will be charged positive.

2. The hull itself and all the metal parts in contact with the water will have a negative charge. These parts include the hull if it is metal, motor shafts, outdrives, electric trolling motors and thru hull fittings. All these metal parts must be interconnected with a bonding wire.

3. Other metal objects in contact with the water like stainless downrigger cable or wire fishing line that are not connected to the boat will be charged positive. By using a voltmeter with a scale from zero to one volt, a series of measurements can be taken which indicate whether or not the boat is being protected from harmful electrical corrosion and if the downrigger cable has the proper positive field to attract fish. Following is the step-by-step procedure."

I found the jet drives are not grounded, they're isolated. The anodes seem to be working for the most part, but there is some corrosion showing up on the jets. Will grounding help?

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did anyone order these yet. I’m talking about the anodes for the pumps and the anodes that go inside the motors.
I see the link to post above I just don’t know whether that is the one that goes inside the motors or is that the one for the pumps. Considering the investment I would like to change them all. For five weeks this winter it pretty much sat in the water for a week at a time in the keys so they are eaten up pretty well.
If no one has looked up the number and the quantity I will look up and post it I just figured I could save some time if someone already has.