• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Zippers on bimini

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
what are the zippers for on the rear of the bimini top? Is there another attachment? What’s it do?

‘11 SX210

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's for an extension.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
To extend out over the swim deck? Or, to go straight down like a wall? I haven’t looked on the parts sites, is that a Yamaha part or aftermarket?

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's not a Yamaha part. It's aftermarket. Some on this forum have had the extension made.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks! I’ve seen some of the camper top mods, but haven’t paid attention to the rear extensions. I don’t really need it. Was just curious when I noticed the zippers last weekend.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My 212X has a factory extension.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hmm. I’ve got a light blue bag that says Yamaha on it. About the size of the table leg. I’ve never opened it. Could that be it? That extension looks awesome.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My stock extension came in a bag that looks a lot like a bag a rifle would be stored in. See the first picture in the first row of jdonalds pics above. Mine didn’t say anything on it though. If you have the extension I’m sure you will like it as it comes in handy on days when at anchor for long periods at a time. I tried not to use it while underlay because it buffeted at lot. I don’t recall the exact price but think the bundle is between $300 and $400 at yamahasportsplaza

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have the same extension as buckbuck on the 08 212X, it is an excellent design, the newer biminis are a step backward. The main bimini covers a good portion of the cabin, is completely clear of the rope, and doesn't limit overhead storage/bridge clearance. And when you need a ton of shade, just zip on the extension.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My stock extension came in a bag that looks a lot like a bag a rifle would be stored in. See the first picture in the first row of jdonalds pics above. Mine didn’t say anything on it though. If you have the extension I’m sure you will like it as it comes in handy on days when at anchor for long periods at a time. I tried not to use it while underlay because it buffeted at lot. I don’t recall the exact price but think the bundle is between $300 and $400 at yamahasportsplaza
Yeah, I don’t think that is what’s in this bag. I’ll check tomorrow when we’re out. This feels more like a noodle or something. It’s very light weight.