• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Zone Control

whittaker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just getting familiar with our new (to us) 2019 242x and trying to figure out the zone control settings. I've noticed I can control the zones through the fusion-link app but have not seen anywhere in the connext head unit. It also seems that once I adjust the zones to a desired setting any change in main volume will reset back to equal.

Apart from the external zone control addition threads I saw, is anyone aware of a way to "lock" zone settings?

Thanks,

Whittaker

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
:Welcome:
No way to lock that I'm aware of - the Connext seems to take control, so if you adjust on the Fusion head unit at the stern or on the app, as soon as you touch the controls on the Connext, it resets to whatever is on the screen. It's kind of a compromise set up. Once you figure it out, it's not a big problem, but it can be confusing at first as you change things on one, and the other messes it up.
:D
To control the front/rear go into the Media screen (headphones icon), Settings, Balance/Fader - that's where you can control front/back and left/right. You can do this touching the screen, or using the Joystick control to move around the screen.

whittaker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ah, thanks! Was hoping to hear I was just missing something. Minor inconvenience at worst. Can't wait to get it out!

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Ah, thanks! Was hoping to hear I was just missing something. Minor inconvenience at worst. Can't wait to get it out!
Yup can't wait here too...the wolves and politicians are always circling us...but we're ready to hit the water as soon as the snow pulls back.
Seriously though, do you have a PDF manual? You can go through it when you're getting "boat-itch" and find stuff you didn't know was there. Don't tell anyone, but the CDN website has downloadable PDF's of all their toys which you can scroll and search through to find stuff. I knew more about my boat than the dealer when I went to see her. LOL

whittaker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No, did not know! Waiting on mine to show up in the mail but I’ll look that one up in the meantime. Thanks for sharing

whittaker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
:Welcome:
No way to lock that I'm aware of - the Connext seems to take control, so if you adjust on the Fusion head unit at the stern or on the app, as soon as you touch the controls on the Connext, it resets to whatever is on the screen. It's kind of a compromise set up. Once you figure it out, it's not a big problem, but it can be confusing at first as you change things on one, and the other messes it up.
To control the front/rear go into the Media screen (headphones icon), Settings, Balance/Fader - that's where you can control front/back and left/right. You can do this touching the screen, or using the Joystick control to move around the screen.
So quick update after an afternoon on the water- zones can be controlled from the unit at the stern. First click of the dial controls cabin, second click for tower control, and at the third click you control all at the same time.

Seems like there would be some way to do this off the connext screen too, I’m going to keep after it. Will update if I find something.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Seems like there would be some way to do this off the connext screen too, I’m going to keep after it. Will update if I find something.
Maybe you're looking for "zones" in the Connext screen - there isn't any, just the "balance/fader" which will control the front/rear zones. I can fade front/rear on the Connext which does the same as the zones in the Fusion head unit.

whittaker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Maybe you're looking for "zones" in the Connext screen - there isn't any, just the "balance/fader" which will control the front/rear zones. I can fade front/rear on the Connext which does the same as the zones in the Fusion head unit.
I’ve seen the fade control but don’t think it’s what I’m looking for. Does it have the ability to lower tower volume but not cabin? Thought it was just front/rear and left/right.

pulled the boat out for a little bit. Will check next time we drop it in

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just getting familiar with our new (to us) 2019 242x and trying to figure out the zone control settings. I've noticed I can control the zones through the fusion-link app but have not seen anywhere in the connext head unit. It also seems that once I adjust the zones to a desired setting any change in main volume will reset back to equal.

Apart from the external zone control addition threads I saw, is anyone aware of a way to "lock" zone settings?

Thanks,

Whittaker
Yep, you can zone control all you want on the app, but as soon as you mess with the big knob, it defaults back. Super Fing annoying. I'm talking to my local installer about adding a manual zone control this year. Connext app SUCKS.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’ve seen the fade control but don’t think it’s what I’m looking for. Does it have the ability to lower tower volume but not cabin? Thought it was just front/rear and left/right.
Sorry I thought you were adding an amp and tower speakers, so you could then set it up to "fade" by using front or rear outputs.
Pay no attention to me...
🤪