• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Zup Board.. what distance and speed?

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What distance rope and speed are you guys pulling your Zup Boards? Also I assume you are towing from the tower?

we just got ours yesterday and took it out for the first time last night, the kids absolutely loved it. Well worth the money. I am wondering if I lengthen the rope a little if it would make it more enjoyable. They where mainly laying on the board while occasionally going to their knees. I noticed that some times above 10MPH the front of the bird would bounce, appears it was from the line slacking and tightening. My wife rode it first With the kids one at a time to show them how easy it was and where to position their weight and to Make them feel safe. But after that 5 minute ride with mom they where ready to go. Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks All!2B335B1B-3C42-4A2B-9FC1-1ADD880ED1D4.jpegD89AF084-6B0C-4EB0-9C6B-FF2494F3451A.jpeg

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Really need to only use the rope it came with. I think it is like 50ft. I think they recommend that. We were doing it with my boys at around 13-16 mph. Slower when they wanted to stand and faster on kneeboarding.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If the front is bouncing, they need to scoot forward. Not quite enough weight on the front.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Really need to only use the rope it came with. I think it is like 50ft. I think they recommend that. We were doing it with my boys at around 13-16 mph. Slower when they wanted to stand and faster on kneeboarding.
This is pretty much what we do. We get down to 10 or 11 with the little ones.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Try towing from the lower tow point to reduce the porpoising. That’s what I do for both the standard zup and the sport version. Like tubing I only use the tower tow point when I want to give my tubers a more exciting ride. The best rope and rope length I’ve found so far is the original zup rope with a double handle, it’s also the handle most likely to fit between the rails of the zup board(s) when installed on the hook. Most other single handles are too long to fit between the rails.
image.jpg

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll second what @Ronnie says about the towing, it'll bounce like that from the tower tow point. We tow ours with the original rope at full length at around 10-15 mph and that works great for length and out of the way of the spray from the jets. Going faster will help a bit to stand up on it, but for little ones keep it closer to 10 mph. For reference we have the "You Got This" version 2.0.

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I’ve got the 2.0. I’ve only pulled from the tower. Got a 2020 195s. The spray on it hasn’t been that bad with the tower. Also keeping speed around 13-16 depending on what they are trying to do.