• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR 230 5 Dollar Bimini Mod ( Maybe can adapt to other models ) Finished mod and final results.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you Sir!
Have a wonderful time fishing. And be safe out there ;)
Had a few days fishing and the Mod works great a lot stronger and more secure i got some yellow tail and grouper, If you have any problem locating the parts for this mod just let me know and i will go and get them and make them up and send them to you, They should be easy to obtain but keep me posted.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had a few days fishing and the Mod works great a lot stronger and more secure i got some yellow tail and grouper, If you have any problem locating the parts for this mod just let me know and i will go and get them and make them up and send them to you, They should be easy to obtain but keep me posted.
Thank you for the generous offer, I've been a bit busy here at work installing a new host in preparation for migrating to a new ERP system and I won't be able to focus on much else for a few days. But I have it featured prominently on my To Do list

I did run across this:

Wichard 4 3/4" Long Eye Bolt w/ 11/16" (12mm) Diameter

Grade 316L stainless steel
Working Load - 5291 Lbs (2400 kg)
Breaking Load - 7700 Lbs (3500 kg)

But a bit pricey!

Regular price: $84.30
Sale price: $67.44

I think I'll make some.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've had about 4 days Fishing and also had some friends come to visit me from Ireland and took them around the Islands for a couple of days and that mod works really good everything stayed nice and tight and it didn't even need adjusting, With more people onboard it allowed very easy access to the bow seating area as you can imagine it was used a lot during the time they were here, I can thoroughly recommend it, I should have thought of this mod ages ago what a difference.

IMG_2860.JPG IMG_2862.JPG IMG_2862.JPG IMG_2867.JPG

cxr133

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The bow eye that you broke, are they stabdard sizing?
wife just reminded me we broke one last season and we are going boating tomorrow so will any standard shop have replacement?

too hot to be in the sun all day.

As luck would have it and as i use my Boat quite a lot i usually give it a good once over about every month to 6 weeks, I was returning home about 3 days ago and a gust of wind broke my Bimini deck loop so i did the quick repair and tied the strap around the Wake tower and carried on home, After replacing both deck loops it got me thinking about how i can mod this and here's what i came up with, Total cost about 5 dollars and a lot stronger and never to break again.

View attachment 20725 View attachment 20726

Here's the offending part
View attachment 20727 View attachment 20728

Parts required, 2 x new stainless bolts and spring washers and 2 x 6 mil stainless Eye Nuts

View attachment 20730
A little stainless welding

View attachment 20729
Completed item.

View attachment 20733
Remove that old mild steel Alan screw from the Wake tower and replace it

View attachment 20731
Replace it with a new stainless Bolt that does 2 jobs, A lot stronger and also no long straps to worry about just take up the slack and loop it at the top through itself and it's really strong and shorter and you can always revert back to the old way if you want to.

View attachment 20734
I replaced the eye deck loop for a new stainless one

View attachment 20735

I'm well pleased with that and being shorter it's a lot stronger and no flapping or having to move it slightly when opening the walk through door, let me know what you think, Total cost around 5 dollars.