• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR230 - Taking on water

SA Abbott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello everyone – I have a 2008 AR 230. My bilge pump works but once I engage the engines water starts entering the engine compartment very quick. When I put the boat in the water I do not see any significant water infiltration. Does anyone have any ideas of why water may be coming into the engine compartment? Could it be a gasket or something similar? I appreciate all your help

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it warm water? Could be a hose or bearing seal

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Check the hose under the left side of the engine that one can cause a lot of trouble

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
should be a large one under the area of the exhaust manifold

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good question about the water being warm or cold. If it’s warm, then it is probably not this scenario, but will mention just in case. The clean out ports are set inside a large tube under the rear hatch. Those tubes are attached by large hose clamps at the top and bottom. If the hose clamps become loose, the tube can become dislodged, causing the water coming through the jets to pour into the bilge and eventually into the engine compartment.

I may not have done a good job describing. Let me know if you need clarification.

SA Abbott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks for all you help. I have uncovered the problem and in the process of correcting. Clean out ports!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
What makes you say clean out plugs if one of those was leaking it would fill your engine compartment and get in the engines pretty quickly during use those will always have water sitting on top of them during use, did you inspect all the large hose clamps around your mufflers ?

SA Abbott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes - I am Replacing all the clamps. My issue now is I am having a hard time finding a replacement cleaned out port parts! Do you have any idea where I can find some OME parts? Continued help is always appreciated.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
good luck you may find a totally new plug but all you need is the rebuild kit for the bottom half and it comes with a new gasket you can not get the internal parts so do not loose them and add my ez locks to the plugs to prevent plug blowouts .

SA Abbott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you! Can you educate me on the EZ Locks. Where do I purchase?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Last edited:

SA Abbott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need for a Yamaha. Do you have any information? Thanks

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

SA Abbott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, thanks for all your help. I have diagnosed the problem and it is my clean out ports. My issue is that I am having a difficult time finding the clean out hose for replacement. I have attached a diagram of the part i need along with part numbers. 1. If anyone can help me find the part that would be fantastic. 2. If no parts, then does anyone have a updated information of possibly using silicone at the base where the leak is located? Again thanks to everyone who has been helping me. You have been great!!

Part Number: F2A-U7626-01-00

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You can either try to locate a used one or you can totally reinforce it using an expanded mesh and marine 5200 . if you do it correctly it will be just fine.

SA Abbott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jeff - stupid question. Would the expanded mesh go on the outside or inside the tube?

Thanks, Stanley

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i'm having a problem understanding what the issue is,

if you cleanout plug is in place you shouldn't even need the hose, did you have a plug blow out and knock the hose off ??

if the water is warm it indicates it's from the engine, I know you're in FL but I don't think the water is that warm yet to confuse boating water with engine cooling water ?

what exactly led you to believe it was the cleanout tubes ?