• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR230 - Taking on water

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Jeff - stupid question. Would the expanded mesh go on the outside or inside the tube?

Thanks, Stanley
You would reinforce the tube on the outside and repair any issues on the inside where the hose clamp goes so it seals correctly once you do it I doubt you would have any issues it just depends on the way you wrap the tube before you add the 5200 to it exactly what you wrap the tube with is top secret so I can't post it on here.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
And the tube only leaks above the plug not below it but it certainly can allow water in if it is bad ,plus the heat can come from the exterior of the mufflers as the water leaks back in that area first and works it's way in the engine compartment.

GermanAR230

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks for all you help. I have uncovered the problem and in the process of correcting. Clean out ports!
Thank you for presenting an issue and closing the loop with this group. Clap, clap, clap!!!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Now to help identify any issues in your engine compartment with water infiltration especially if your bilge sucks up some junk and does not spin. Or the capacity of the pump is overwhelmed maybe from a scupper break or water line lets go on the engine. Get a cheap water alarm and hang the sensor above the bilge pump you can hear it loud and clear any time your in the engine compartment wet your finger and touch the sensor to make sure it still operates. I'm on my 3rd year still original battery and have two waiting to be used if it fails.

https://www.amazon.com/Instapark-Leakage-Detection-Sensor-Battery/dp/B01IWTCLHA/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=water+alarm&qid=1624654747&sr=8-12