• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Archive

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Possible, it would likely show itself there, easy to spot as it'll drip/leak out after shutdown
No oil leaks I can find - nothing in the engine bay.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In my garage - no boat cover , but we have had cold - warm - cold - warm cycling weater
I would put some money on this past winter being a contributing factor with the late snow/cold, as well as possibly not getting all the old oil out.

Try some cheap oil and skip the filter change, and run it hard, then swap in new "good" stuff and a filter like @Babin Farms suggested,and check it AFTER running it with the good stuff

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would put some money on this past winter being a contributing factor with the late snow/cold, as well as possibly not getting all the old oil out.

Try some cheap oil and skip the filter change, and run it hard, then swap in new "good" stuff and a filter like @Babin Farms suggested,and check it AFTER running it with the good stuff
Will do👍