• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hidden Ballast

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks clean!!! Just like I knew it would....;)

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What do you guys think of this? Now I was still in the boat and found moving one person to that corner cleaned it up a lot. I will try to surf it later today but so far I am a happy camper! Keep in mind with this I was driving and trying to film at the same time so it pretty much sucks but I think you can see enough.

I know that I am envious. I can't get that clean of a wave with my twins!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes you can.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Disaster averted. I went swimming and forgot to put the ladder up, backed into the beach and pretzeld the mounting rails. I pulled the boat and applied some know how I learned while working on my bronco and got it back working again. It has a little rash on it now but it still functions and I know I can get back out of the water. I guess I had to do it at least once so it is forever burned into my brain from now on...

Due to the repair I didn't get time to try to surf that wake so that is the mission tomorrow morning.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We have surf! There is a bit of a learning curve to drive the boat, figuring out where people need to be seated and dialing in the wake. Couldn't go ropeless yet but I def feel the push, just need to get the speed set etc so next item on the list is Perfect Pass and I going to try to have it before the 4th. The PP will also come in handy when tubing.

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I am hopeful that I get to try to surf today. The lake was REALLY busy yesterday but I did get a quick test in the evening of the new kneeboard I bought for the kids. I had fun on it LOL. I am expecting it to be busy again today so I might pass on trying to learn today. :(

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Our lake was busy as well but I did it in the am before noon and it wasnt bad, after noon we retired to the tube for the rest of the day....

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not really, I barley have time to breathe and do stuff I need to accomplish at home I am so busy making current wedges. I am afraid it is going to have to wait until it calms down a bit before I can get back to doing R&D.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bummer for me, but I understand you have to do what you have to do.

ArthurH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Man I'm jealous! I have a scarab 195 ho impulse and the aftermarket/ performance market hasn't picked up just yet hopefully more products like the wedge start getting designed for the scarabs!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Man I'm jealous! I have a scarab 195 ho impulse and the aftermarket/ performance market hasn't picked up just yet hopefully more products like the wedge start getting designed for the scarabs!
@ArthurH I have looked at the scarab boats and there is no real good way to make a quick attachment Wedge for your boat. The gate that comes up is big, which I know it is for slow speed steering and a good thing, and the jet is close to the back of the boat. The only way to do something with these boats would be to attach to the hull which I am not a fan of. Too much of a liability there. I hope either I dream up something in my sleep or some one else out there fabs up something for you guys. I hate to leave a fellow jet boater out!!!

Is yours a single jet or dual jet? If a single you do not need a Wedge.

ArthurH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It's a single jet just hoping for a cleaner/crisper wake maybe the proper ballast placement would help out, thanks for the input!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It's a single jet just hoping for a cleaner/crisper wake maybe the proper ballast placement would help out, thanks for the input!
We put ballast in a sx190, 750 lbs on the rear cabin surf side seat, and had a good ropeless wake on that boat. Worth a shot.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length