• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How Far South......Looking for 80deg water in March

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How far south in Florida do I need to go to find 80deg water temps in late March?

Considering dragging the boat south for Spring Break this year, and need to figure out where the heck to go.

Looking for warm water, a beach to play on, and an AirBnB that has a spot to park the boat. Don't want any "touristy" things.

Any thoughts from the locals?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well you guys have better google-fu than I do it appears.

Maybe 80degF was reaching. We liked Destin last year in June, and want to go back in March. Worried about water temps in the 60's though. Too cold or a refreshing dip from warm spring air temps?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well you guys have better google-fu than I do it appears.

Maybe 80degF was reaching. We liked Destin last year in June, and want to go back in March. Worried about water temps in the 60's though. Too cold or a refreshing dip from warm spring air temps?
I have lost my cold tolerance and wont get in water above "my boys" under 80. Hoosiers most likely will enjoy our 70 degree water and 75 degree air. :)

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Agree, you can tell a Floridian from a Northener by who is in the water that time of year.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys. Sounds like Destin might be the location again. Wonder how bad condos are for rent during spring break!?!?!?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
this is a handy little chart I use...
Who is in the water...
below 75 tourists/kids or locals with more than 10 beers
76-78 - tourists and snowbirds or locals with more than 6 beers
78-80 - locals with less than 6 beers
81-85 - tourists whining that its bath water, locals take their wetsuits off...
above 86 locals start loosing swim suits...

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys. Sounds like Destin might be the location again. Wonder how bad condos are for rent during spring break!?!?!?
I can find the condo info we stayed at last year if your interested? It had a slip which made is so much easier on us.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can rule out Hawaii as well, water in the mid to high 70s during winter and very early spring!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can find the condo info we stayed at last year if your interested? It had a slip which made is so much easier on us.
Yes please. That would be awesome.

This is snowballing already. Wife is wanting to ask the neighbors to go with us. What was a "quick couple days at the beach for cheap" is becoming "Family vacation #1 for '22"

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes please. That would be awesome.

This is snowballing already. Wife is wanting to ask the neighbors to go with us. What was a "quick couple days at the beach for cheap" is becoming "Family vacation #1 for '22"
I couldn't find the condo that we rented but it was at Destin West. The only thing is there's no trailer parking there but the lady we rented from had a friend in town that allowed us to park the trailer in her yard for the week no charge.

Here's a link to go through to help you find what your looking for.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I couldn't find the condo that we rented but it was at Destin West. The only thing is there's no trailer parking there but the lady we rented from had a friend in town that allowed us to park the trailer in her yard for the week no charge.

Here's a link to go through to help you find what your looking for.
Was Destin West the name of the neighborhood? The name of the renter?

I'm on the struggle bus trying to find it :)

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sweet. Thank you.

As best I can tell the condo is on the gulf side. Where are the boat slips? I see they come with the condo, but I'm guessing you have to drive to them?
How was that? Good? Bad? Any concerns about leaving the boat in the water overnight? Security issues? Separation anxiety (I know that's an issue for me)?

We've traditionally done ground floor condo type places, and then had to walk out to the beach through a public access. No idea if that's better or not than an elevated condo, and having to walk out to the beach like it's a hotel. I'm just thinking out loud here.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We stayed on the bay side condos but either will work to be within walking distance of the slips. The map does not show the boast slips but I marked where they are in yellow and below that you can see them from our room. Every condo does not have a slip so you will have to find one that does. The dock has a locked gate with a code so it's somewhat secure and nothing like I've ever tied my boat to before so make sure to take plenty of dock lines with you. It took me a couple times but I figured out what was the best way to tie the boat off to keep it from rubbing on anything and still giving it enough slack to move .

9FBE405F-FDB6-402B-8AE8-DFAB13965B43.jpeg
1639569946104.png
AF76B005-2843-402E-AB5D-C32B11BBD3B5.jpeg