• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trim Tabs - options - wake surfing (and cruising)

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you went with the Lectrotabs?
Yes. Their product and service is second to none.
They have patented conduit equalizing pressure inside the actuator chamber (when the ram is moving), something that prevents water intrusion in electric actuator tabs.
@Bruce has paved the path with them and they have helped a lot of members here. Great guys to work with.

--

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes. Their product and service is second to none.
They have patented conduit equalizing pressure inside the actuator chamber (when the ram is moving), something that prevents water intrusion in electric actuator tabs.
@Bruce has paved the path with them and they have helped a lot of members here. Great guys to work with.

--
My biggest issue is the installation, I am not skilled enough to do the install and i am all the way down in South Florida.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If I could install them anyone can. You just need a big pair of testicles to make so many holes below the waterline

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The skills required for installation are hand eye coordination and following written instructions.If you have two thumbs and wish to step up to the challenge, you will be able to complete the install.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If I could install them anyone can. You just need a big pair of testicles to make so many holes below the waterline
First hole is always the hardest.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The skills required for installation are hand eye coordination and following written instructions.If you have two thumbs and wish to step up to the challenge, you will be able to complete the install.
I had my fiberglass shop help with the drilling and sealing of the tabs so maybe look into that. They did that part for me for dirt cheap and I just ran the wires myself from there. So much easier that way for me. I hate drilling into fiber glass. :eek:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Masking tape and the correct bit size are essencial. Measure 9 times and drill once. Bam!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It only hurts the first time....LOL
My first hole got me bleeding. I was not very confident with my drill-bit and it poked in placed where it should have not. It brake straight through the rubber and to my middle finger.
That is okay though as God gave me 10 fingers, so one of them bleeding, is not a bit deal.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My first hole got me bleeding. I was not very confident with my drill-bit and it poked in placed where it should have not. It brake straight through the rubber and to my middle finger.
That is okay though as God gave me 10 fingers, so one of them bleeding, is not a bit deal.
LOL

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did you get access to the area to install the bolts? I have a 2018 212X
There really is no access, unless you’re willing to make cut outs I guess.
Pretty much everyone is using SS screws, embedded in 5200.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How did you get access to the area to install the bolts? I have a 2018 212X
There really is no access, unless you’re willing to make cut outs I guess.
Pretty much everyone is using SS screws, embedded in 5200.

Installation instructions for my Lectrotabs called for the use of #14 x 1 1/4" S.S. Pan head screws and 3M 5200. I used 1 1/2" due to a 1/4" HDPE spacer I used on my 07. Dont forget to countersink each hole slightly, to help prevent spider cracks in the gelcoat around each hole.
Drilling holes in gel coat - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum or this video.

Last edited:

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Dmac

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have been lurking around the forums since I bought my boat 3 years ago, I haven’t posted much but have absorbed a lot of great info. I have been looking for a way to get a better ride on the big lakes up here and finally pulled the trigger on a set of @swatski trim tabs. Thanks to all the hard work and advice from you guys and Russ at Lectrotab I am expecting a fairly easy install this weekend. I had them powder coat mine black and went with the ALC, I can’t wait to try them out.

EE04E563-32CB-4A81-B3A6-D39D1403B6FB.jpeg

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anyone have tabs on a 21ft model? Would they be more/less useful on a shorter boat?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length