• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FYI for guys that may have cavitation

bikerman5345

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had to replace the Intake in the tunnel due to corrosion and very bad cavitation because of failed sealant. You can see in the pic Yamaha Fixed an issue so the sealant will not pull out any more. You can now fill the void and the mating surface with sealant and that void on the bottom will stop the sealant from being pulled out. On the old version it is just flat other than the groove in the transom piece so it would not take much to get the sealant to pop out. This also allows more selant to bridge that gap on the bottom side. On my Waverunner they have a rubber seal that fills this and the ride plate pinches it, then we also fill it with sealant to get rid of cavitation. So if you have bad cavitation and need to reseal the intake it may be worth upgrading to the new part. Intake .jpg

bikerman5345

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is for the Starboard side. If you look on partzilla they show the old number but in the order it will be filled with a superseded PN. The old PN is F3F-U72B6-00-00. The New PN is F5V-U72B6-10. When i pulled this apart you could see where the sealant was not intact. It was a pretty crap job from the factory. I used 3M 4200. The dried factory sealant feels the same as dried 4200 so that should be good.